1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

That's an excellent way to look at it.

I, however, do not have any more room on my PT-2, so I get what I get, and something has to go if I want it on there. But it's worth it not to have to lug a PT-Pro around anymore!

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Just finished building and populating one. Going to make a thread on the board construction in the next coupla days.
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1446879745.834828.jpg

3. DannyStereo

Tasty and functional. Love the zip tie idea.

4. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks. Yeah, I thought about velcro, but I didn't want to pull the feet off some of the pedals, or deal with the adhesive releasing over time, or gumming up the bottoms of the pedals, collecting dust bunnies, etc.

5. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Added a VFE Enterprise phaser, and Big Joe distortion.

[​IMG]

Can switch on wah and distortion in one movement! :lol: woo

6. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Picked up a TS-7 today. I know these tone-look pedals are much maligned but it sounds great! $25 for the crunchy win.

ImageUploadedByTDPRI1446929284.814255.jpg

7. DannyStereo

How do you like the big Joe?

8. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

More than he liked Long Tall Sally. :lol:

9. waparker4

Mixed, it is very not-transparent, not that that's a bad thing. The EQ sounds really good in some situations and sometimes get lost. Still getting used to it I guess. The sustain is really nice, it's easy to get rock and roll feedback at various ungodly harmonics, at the same time it is really touch sensitive and cleans up with softer attack. That clean isn't the same clean as if the pedal were off, though. I just bought a Xotic SL drive to compare w/ it.

10. DannyStereo

I've been eyeing the SL as well. But I have plenty of dirt to cover my needs right now

11. waparker4

You and I both know you could use some more!!! :D :twisted:

12. DannyStereo

Ain't that the truth! I've been favoring the Butah lately. So dang smooth.

13. Berek Halfhand

Berek Halfhand Tele-Meister

The top side is nothing particularly earth-shattering, the two Yamaha Magic Stomps are a bit unusual I guess. I usually play directly into the PA board, so the second MS is the amp modeler. The first handles reverb or other wave mods as needed. The two MS's and the Nova Repeater (18v) were the main reason for what's mounted on the bottom - a Cioks AC-10 with 9,12,18v DC options and two 12v AC taps!

Only problem was since the board is pretty close to the ground, and the stage at church is carpeted, the Cioks was getting a little too warm. So I added some aluminum "fins" to help with the heat dissipation. Looks ugly, but works very well. You can really feel the heat if you grab the fins.

-bh

Attached Files:

14. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Friend of Leo's

Real McCoy Custom RMC3 FL Wah > MJM Sixties Vibe > SolidGoldFX Imperial > SolidGoldFX If 6 Was 9 BC183CC > Wattson Classic Electronics FY-2 > Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes > JHS Firefly > Catlinbread Octapussy > SolidGoldFX Funkzilla > Eventide H9 (used with AMT expression pedal) > Kirshman Pedals Java Is Zen (Zendrive and Java Boost clone) > J Rockett Archer Ikon > Eventide H9

All powered by Eventide PowerFactor 2

I love all of my fuzzes, but I've been swapping out ODs for a while and haven't settled on the perfect one yet. For right now I'm testing out a Zendrive clone and a Klon clone. We will see how long they stay.

My pedal board is an Ikea Gorm shelf pedal board - here is my photo essay on how I built the board in the photo and also a bigger board, https://flic.kr/s/aHsjJzfEfD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  15. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

Board update for the larger board.

[​IMG]

16. waparker4

SL drive incorporated. So far like it a good deal more than the big joe. Many classic toanz.

Also very happy with the HOF reverb. The toneprint is called Lonely Spring I think, but it might be Go-To Reverb.

[​IMG]

17. DannyStereo

I loved my HOF. Should have never sold it... But I was chasing that Strymon sound

18. Psychobilly444

Psychobilly444 TDPRI Member

My "Mission Control"

I have my guitar in with a switch to go between a cable in or Audio Technica wireless (on the board itself). It goes into the Behringer OD (poor man's tubescreamer, but I only use it for one song in our setlist), then into the Behringer acoustic modeler, then the Behringer Ultra Metal (seeing a theme here?). From there, it goes into the bypass box that bypasses the Boss ME70. After the bypass, it goes into my ABY box at the A side. The B side is the vintage Digitech GSP 21 Legend. A rackmount on a pedal board!? Then to the board's output jack and then to my amp. I've also since wired in a wireless in ear monitor system going through a headphone amp to replace my wedge. All daisy-chained together as I don't use any pedals in combination with each other, there is no noise and the whole board is powered a power strip. So one switch underneath turns the whole thing on or off. One cord for power, one cable to amp and I am set up in a matter of minutes. Got my head, one cab, and one board = two trips to the truck at a gig.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Gunerius

Gunerius Tele-Holic

My space country board just got revisited.
    I traded a compressor I never used (pigtronix gold philosopher's tone) for the Malekko 616 delay. So it bumped my dd3 off the board. The 5 pedal board is my neck or neck + bridge pickup board, the tuner and octave are my middle pickup board.
    :idea: I have a custom bilt Relevator that I asked to have some stereo functions on. It has 2 output jacks. The main one is a stereojack but can be used as a regular all 3 pickups mono out. If split with some switches it sends the bridge to one part of the signal and the neck as the other part. I don't use this very much live yet but it is super nice in studio situations! (and I am planning a bridge pickup board sent to a rotary sepaker cab).

There's also a whole other jack that can send only the middle pickup if I want to, this is what the boss pedals are for. And this is where it gets interesting!:D
    I can with the flick of a switch send only the E A and D strings to that output. So what I do live is send the regular guitar signal to one amp and the middle pickup to another amp usually only the E A D strings but not always. With the octave I get a faux bass while the guitar signal is treated with its own effects. It takes some getting used to but it is rewarding and I can play without a bassist.

On to the pedalboards:
    Main board goes
    Envelope Filter >
    Attack Decay (swells an other volume effects) >
    Freeze >
    Phasor >
    Delay >
    after this (off board) I have an overdrive pedal, for the moment I am using a Zvex double rock, nice to have two channels of overdrive.
    Board powered by a diago daisy chain thing and the overdrive runs on batteries.

The middle pickup "board" is just
    Octaver >
    Tuner

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  20. mikespe

mikespe Tele-Afflicted

I just made a couple of additions & reorganized my board to accommodate them. First I added the EHX Switch Blade+ AB/Y to allow me to switch between my 65 PRRI & EVH 5150iii. Loopmaster screwed me on the AB pedal they were building for me so I found a cheaper & better alternative. This pedal is so quiet & doesn't pop when switching between amps. The 2nd addition is a staple on almost every pedalboard...the classic OCD Overdrive. I got a great deal on a new one from a seller I buy regularly from on eBay. I think I got just about every kind of dirt covered now!

Before anyone say I have too many pedals (what fool would say that anyway! No such thing as "TOO MANY pedals!)...these pedals are split between 2 amps...only a couple do I use on both amps (the Wah being the main one). It is scaring me that I still have room for a few more pedals! I must resist until after Christmas! LOL

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.