Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. BigWillyInd

BigWillyInd Tele-Afflicted

Welcome to the forum NPB! That's an interesting use of space there.:cool:

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Tele-Meister

Will fill the empty slot with a CF1 I'm rehousing, and probably the Soul Food with some 808-type OD or maybe another yellow Boss.

[​IMG]

3. DC Music

DC Music Tele-Meister

Homie you have a Turbo Overdrive??? That thing was my first ever overdrive pedal! I bought one at a pawn shop, had it for years then sold it for some stupid reason.

4. tremolo3

tremolo3 Tele-Meister

Yeah, first OD for me as well, I really like it!

5. Nathan P Brown

Nathan P Brown TDPRI Member

The endless search for tone - non financially based!

6. Dunzie

Dunzie Tele-Holic

Crappy cellphone shot, but I like how this puppy lights up in the dark now...

[​IMG]

Off the board and sold or for sale are the Bogner Ecstacy Blue (great pedal, just big and I have others that I use more for low gain), the Box of Rock (another pedal I like but redundant), the EHX Soul Food (good bang for the buck, but the Zen and the Euphoria are both a lot better in that same genre), and the Catalinbread Formula 5 Tweed (too heavy gain for my needs at this time).

New additions are the Visual Sound Visual Volume pedal (very cool - internal trim pots for range and gain, a gain switch, and lights that indicate visually where your volume is at), the Wampler Ace Thirty (chimey Vox tone, adjustable boost as well), and the V3 Visual Sound H2O (delay and chorus).

The Velvet Fuzz comes and goes because we really don't play anything that utilizes the heavier distortion or fuzz - maybe a Hendrix tune here or there.

Otherwise my chain is:

- MXR 404 CAE Wah
    - Wampler Ego Compressor
    - TC Spark Booster
    - Visual Sound VS-XO Double Overdrive
    - Wampler Ace Thirty Overdrive
    - Hermida Zendrive
    - Wampler Euphoria
    - Wampler Paisley Drive
    - Wampler Pinnacle
    - MXR Carbon Copy Delay
    - Visual Sound V3 H2O Chorus / Delay
    - Visual Sound Visual Volume

The amp there is brand spankin' this week too... 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. Early thoughts are... it's fantastic. A little more pedal-friendly the the 65 RI's, love the Bassman TS channel and the fact it utilizes the trem / reverb. Seems to be a fairly full balanced tone with neutral bass / treble settings too, less treble-focused than the 65's I've played.

7. strat89

strat89 Tele-Meister

Basically my dream chain!
    Do you find any overlap between the paisley drive and the euphoria with the VS XO?

8. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Zvex ff->lovepedal silicon fuzz->Fulltone octafuzz or/dan Armstrong ringtone-> rmc6 WOF wah-> keeley katana -> Fulltone FD2 -> mxr cc -> boss dd6 -> Ibanez cs9 or/ Ews arion chorus (I like the buffer and brightness of the Ibanez)

Attached Files:

9. Dunzie

Dunzie Tele-Holic

I'm pretty happy with pretty much everything I'm at now. I have put a lot of trial and error and testing into getting here... and I'm sure it'll still look different in a few months somewhat.

The VS-XO is a real surprise find for me. Just an incredibly versatile double pedal. I use the right side for a real light OD push, and the left is a darker more organic OD that I still keep fairly low-gain. The Paisley and Euphoria are both excellent, but I think the Euphoria tends to have more overlap with the Zendrive than the VS-XO or Paisley... but I set the Euph up for a brighter OD and the Zen for darker and possibly slightly higher push, so they both work great for me. I don't tend to adjust pedals much and instead set and forget - which is why I can keep quite a few OD's on my board. The VS-XO can do a pretty decent Euphoria if you really drive the right side, and a pretty decent Zen with the right side if you play with it, although not quite exact in either case. But at under $200 for a double pedal with TONS of adjustment and great tones it's a heck of a bargain. I use the right side to add some push to other OD's from time to time and it works great for that. (So does the Spark Booster). The Paisley to me is more of a traditional OD tone and I use it for more classic rock and country tweed style tunes. They've all got a place for my uses.

Which is why the Box of Rock, Bogners, and Formula 5 have gone despite all being great pedals...

10. GKrakin

GKrakin Tele-Meister

@Dunzie

New H2O impressions?

11. Dunzie

Dunzie Tele-Holic

Well... not quite sure yet. I only got it earlier this week and haven't quite found the the settings I want yet. As I said I'm a HUGE fan of the VS-XO overdrive, and this one is built the same way - individual or linked input/output, individual buffers, switchable order, lots of controls, great build, and love the silent switches on both these units.

But I find the chorus a little darker and more mid-humped than I wanted initially, however after turning off the buffer on the chorus side I did find improvement. There is a TON of range on the chorus settings, with 3 levels of intensity, a tone control, and dials for rate, width and depth. I'm sure I'll settle in on it eventually. Not a huge vibrato need, but you can also dial in between chorus and vibrato with a secondary knob.

The delay side's so simple it's great... and I like the sounds it creates. I have a Carbon Copy MXR that I like for longer delays so I might keep this for shorter delays or even a general slapback... it does a pretty good job with all of them though. I just need to find settings that make the chorus work for me. If not I may return the unit... we'll see.

12. NTM27

NTM27 TDPRI Member

Just wanted to share my board update, from PT2 to this small DIY board. :p

[​IMG]

Nothing special in this board, just what I really need right now. Still wanting a Walrus Audio Voyager!

Here's the chain:
    Boss TU-2
    Visual Sound Route808
    Paul C. Timmy OD
    EB VP Jr.
    TCE Nova Delay
    Boss DD5 (with Nose Multi Tap)
    Bosss RV-5

13. DESSE18illy

DESSE18illy NEW MEMBER!

Hi guys! This is my first reply.

Here's my pedalboard for the next Summer tour with my band

Hope you like, the signal chain is :

Tc electronic polytune mini
    Ibanez cp 835 compressor II
    Burris Boostiest II
    Boss CE 2

With a pedaltrain nano

Bye!!

Attached Files:

14. DavidM1

DavidM1 Tele-Holic

A powerful, compact board. I haven't seen the Ibanez compressor before.

15. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

My current PB:

[​IMG]

16. jnepo1

jnepo1 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. skimny

skimny TDPRI Member

Mine

image-1753476362.jpg

18. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Ii also have a dispatch master question. I'm currently using a carbon copy for slapback. It's great but being analog, it colors my tone sooooooo much. Do you find this with the dispatcher? I also don't have a reverb as my 89' Mesa studio .22 has on amp verb but it's not great. My local music go round has a mint one for $150. Thinking if trading some stuff towards it (my carbon copy and a rare boost pedal).
    They also have another EQD dispatcher pedal in stock. It was silver and I believe if said something like "dispatcher jr" I think it was a bit cheaper. Are there any drawbacks to the jr vs the regular white/blue one with the phone?

19. Revv23

Revv23 Friend of Leo's

I can't answer your question about the dispatcher, but it sounds like you need a digital pedal like a flashback or dd7. :)

20. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

This is just the opinion of a bedroom player with better gear than talent but.....

I think the other pedal in question is the Disaster Transport Jr. which is also on my current board. Its a true digital delay, but not as cold as my MIJ DD3 and not as warm as my Carbon Copy. It also doesn't color the tone in the same way as the CC. It has a voice, but it's more subtle than the CC and sweeter than the DD3. The tone control (really nice - very appreciated feature) on the DT Jr. gives you the option to select the "color" to a significant degree.

The delay on the Dispatch Master has similar tone, but not quite as sweeping and powerful as the Disaster Transport and no tone knob. The DM is also a great "on all the time" pedal. The reverb can go from subtle to huge and to me has a wider range than the delay. I can't find a bad setting on the DM.

Just an FYI- I got 20% off from a local shop for the DM during a huge pedal expo and I got the DT Jr. For $100 on Craigslist. The Transport was a better deal. If your on the emailing list of some of the bigger shops specializing in boutique pedals, you can get 20% off street price pretty much any time on either one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.