Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. solopickin

solopickin Tele-Meister

Basic but effective

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI

Attached Files:

2. mdrake34

mdrake34 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

3. lauke

lauke Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Have had the Pork Loin on there for a month or 2 now, lovely pedal! The clean blend makes it a very sparkly drive, just what my AC30 needs to really keep that classic Vox jangle going. Sounds a bit like playing 2 amps at the same time. Much better than the average tubescreamer. The TC Electronic MojoMojo and Spark Booster sounded good as well on my AC30 when I tried them out.

The 2 delays are both set for slapback: the Fame/Biyang almost like a reverb with 3 repeats, the DE-7 more for a Sleepwalk type echo with a longer time.

4. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Could not agree more. Its pretty much the only OD I use with my AC15 and I too stack on some TC Spark Boost or a Peppermill depending on which is handier. I also really like the Zvex Super Hard On as well. It really brings out the chime in it as well. If you havent tried one out yet I highly recommend it.

5. lauke

lauke Tele-Meister

I have an SHO clone lying around that I built myself, but it's not working properly and I haven't come around to troubleshooting it.

I've built some much more complicated pedals that worked right away. Heck, I've built an SHO for a friend that worked right away, same schematic, same parts same everything. Bypass works, LED goes on, knob crackles but no sound.. Weird.

It's been lying for 3 years or so now :oops:
    Next weekend I'll rebuild it, thanks for giving me the incentive to do so!

6. backsideslappy

backsideslappy Tele-Afflicted

Might I ask where you source those straight connectors from?

7. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

8. backsideslappy

backsideslappy Tele-Afflicted

Well there you go.

9. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Thats what I did, built a clone. It works great however I have had my fair share of builds from hell. Em-Drive comes to mind. It can not be a simpler build but I am currently 0/3.

10. lauke

lauke Tele-Meister

Weird huh? It's just like there's bad juju involved. My first ever build was a Fuzz Face clone with every mod from this page crammed in and it worked right away.

So I can't build a pedal with a circuit the size of a post stamp, but I can build a fuzz face with 4 knobs and 4 switches? :p

This summer I'll pick up building pedals again, might do a Red Llama or the Trotsky OD from Beavis.

11. PineBomb

PineBomb Tele-Holic

I haven't had personal experience with those double straight connectors, but I think most opinions around here disfavor them because they put untoward strain on the pedal jacks, risking damage--especially if you use any SMT pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

12. HelgeOlsen

HelgeOlsen TDPRI Member

This is my current board running into a modified Bugera V5. Playing with a american special strat and the american special tele I got just yesterday. Works great for surf, country, rock'nroll and more. I'm one happy camper atm :)

[​IMG]

13. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Now THAT's interesting. The low-priced Bugera and Joyo pedals WITH MIA Fenders, Mesa Boogie V Twin, and a T-Rex Fuel Tank!

:cool:

Welcome aboard!!

:)

14. HelgeOlsen

HelgeOlsen TDPRI Member

Thanks.

I think the Bugera turned out great with the Jensen C8R and better tubes. The joyo pedals are sweet for the price ($30-35 a piece). The V-Twin mostly runs on the clean channel and really adds some nice sparkle to the tone. Works for me :)

15. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

All modulation before dirt, you'd better have a good explanation! :D

16. MarcusDaDarkest

MarcusDaDarkest NEW MEMBER!

Here's mine.

image-2784180239.jpg

17. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

What do you think of the Joyo delay/chorus?

18. HelgeOlsen

HelgeOlsen TDPRI Member

The chorus is a bit noisy, but so were all chorus pedals I have heard. Luckily it can be placed early in the signal chain which seems to reduce the noise a bit. Soundwise it boosts the signal a øottøe and gives a nice acoustic kind of sound. I use it with depth at 9 o'clock or so.

The delay is very low noise and versatile. Turning the repeats past 1-2 o'clock results in endless feedback and a scream. Just remember that and it is great. The time control needs a precise touch for short slapback kind of delay which is what I use it for. It sounds less digital than some as the sound darkens for each repeat. The repeats continue after the pedal is bypassed.

The tuner is way too sensitive so I have to turn the volume on my fenders down to 3-4 when I tune. Very precise and fast once the volume is turned down. I'm considering opening it up to see if there is a sensitivity pot that can be adjusted. Otherwise highly recommended.

The tremolo is the best of the bunch. No noise, no audible degradation of the signal, very vintage feel to the sound and the controls work well over the whole range. The downside is the plastic cover underneath. I put velcro on it and slapped it on the board and found that the cover bends whenever I remove the pedal. I'm considering cutting out a new steel plate to replace the plastic crap.

All in all I love them all, just learn to avoid their quirks or use them to your advantage. At $30-35 a piece they are real bargains :)

19. Dave_O

Dave_O Friend of Leo's

Usually it's this; my usual AC30 set up

image-2959086009.jpg
    GFS tuner>Rt66>Marshall Vibratrem>no-name delay>GE7 knock-off>amp
    I also have a Monsterdrive Rangemaster clone that I use sometimes instead of the EQ.

image-3231418542.jpg

Last week it was this- FAB dirt pedal last as a low gain "character" pedal. Was plugged into a HRDlx for a 1setter.

image-3683078091.jpg
    GFS tuner>Big White monkey (RAT clone)>Marshall Vibratrem>no-name delay>GE7 knock-off>FAB dirt>amp

However, my next gig will be with my Bandit, so it's the flyaway/SS rig setup. Get everything I need from the Zoom and use the WIIO as the "character".

image-3005850767.jpg
    Zoom GFX707>Catalinbread WIIO>amp

I got too much time on my hands, I know...

20. hotraman

hotraman Tele-Holic

Right before my church gig!

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.