Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. seventyeight

seventyeight Tele-Meister

True, except USPS charges $45 to deliver to here so mine is cheaper :)

2. Mr Quiet You

Mr Quiet You TDPRI Member

2nd Post, here's my pedalboard. Has taken me a little while to get it how I like it. Famous last words but I'm not planning any new purchases for a while! However one potential addition is a DIY clean boost to offset the volume loss on the Tremolo, just need to get around to making it.
    Running from left to right:
    TC Electronic Polytune
    Germanium Fuzz Face Clone
    Rehoused Danelectro V1 Drive and Transparent Overdrive
    Boss SD-1 (C6 removed)
    Colorsound Tremolo
    TC Electronic Flashback Delay

[​IMG]

3. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

wow... where and how much did it cost you for that Danelectro rehousing?

4. Mr Quiet You

Mr Quiet You TDPRI Member

It was done by a UK based company called Stone Box Audio and cost in the region of £80, if memory serves me. Had enough of the knob placement on the Danelectro versions. Love the sound of these two pedals and figured the expense was less than sourcing the originals that these two are based on.

http://www.stoneboxaudio.co.uk/
    No affiliation but was very satisfied with the result and the customer service.

5. Logieberra

Logieberra TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

6. brianwoo903

brianwoo903 TDPRI Member

thinking on adding an mxr octave bass deluxe to mix complete the mix.

Attached Files:

7. valvestate

valvestate Tele-Afflicted

thanks for responding! it really does look good... i also have the version 1 of Drice and Transparent OD, they do sound great in live band!

8. jacksongls

jacksongls NEW MEMBER!

Switch through a 72 tele thinline, lap steel and resonator using the line selector. Then pretty much all durham pedals plus DL4 and volume pedal. Goin into a blues jr w cannibis Rex or fender super. Love my durham pedals.

Attached Files:

9. kromanomo

kromanomo Tele-Afflicted

Still playing around with the order of the dirt pedals. I built a shelf so its easier to mess with the settings while playing. I'd like to add a good trem, a digital delay, a looper, and maybe get a different distortion. Honestly, I could live without the Phase 90 - need something much more subtle.

R to L - Guitar into AstroTone on through to the Chicklet on the other side - into a '78 Champ.

Attached Files:

10. ledfloyd

ledfloyd TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

What a mess! I'm going to make custom power cables that will go thru the screen to make it look less like a string of Christmas lights. The bare metal box is an A/B and TB switcher with the SFT and RAH in each loop. The gray/blue pedal is a Marrs Pedals Collide-O-Scope it's a single loop blender for the Philosopher's Tone ( the blend control on the PT is near useless )

11. Logieberra

Logieberra TDPRI Member

hey man mines big and messy too, functional is what matters.. you like the RAH? I thought it was too middy and muddy or something so I sold it and got a Devi Ever Zero good and malekko spring... best move I ever made the zero good stacked with my other fuzzes or drives creates this amp on the verge of crumbling endless sputter sustain sound its great !

12. ledfloyd

ledfloyd TDPRI Member

The RAH is great. Middy for sure. Muddy? Not to my ears. I do run it with the bass below noon and the mids at 4-5 o'clock though. The SFT handles all the lower bassy-muddy-gainy tones.

13. Logieberra

Logieberra TDPRI Member

ahh maybe it was just the way it was through my rig but I found it not clear enough for my needs but to each their own.. great looking board nonetheless!

14. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Tele-Holic

That's kind of cool, actually... :cool:

I like that you can use hardware fasteners to hold down the pedals. Is there any reason you can't just run a slightly longer screw from the back of the board and back it with a washer?

Did you build the frame yourself or repurpose it from somewhere else?

(Did I mention that's a cool design...? I'm tempted to copy it for my next board. ;))

Personally, I wouldn't bother with running custom cables through the board; I'd just route the cables neatly on top of the board and use zip-ties to hold them in place.

15. ledfloyd

ledfloyd TDPRI Member

I found screw lengths as well as hole depths differed quite a bit from enclosure to enclosure and didn't want to deal with several different length screws. It would have been simpler and cleaner looking in the end but kind of a PitA to sort out.

The frame is from Ikea. It's a shelf from the Broder shelving system. It's basically a metal Gorm.

I already have the DC jacks and 22g 2con wire. I really have to do something different than what I have now, too many short extensions and spitters with 1/2 of the daisy-chain plugs unused since they don't reach

16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Finally took a pic of my board.

Since you guys have given me gas, talkin' about great pedals, I've been trying to find some real estate. So, I finally took a photo. Basically the LS-2 switches to my rhythm loop: Fish and Chips EQ > BLT slap echo > looper > amp. Main loop is: Vox V810 > Blues Pro > EQ > Trem > FRV-1 > Echo > Looper > amp. The Boss momentary switch runs to my old CD guitar trainer or porta studio, mounted below my music stand on that silver pole sticking up. That knob just below the Trem, releases the whole hinged, second tier, up for cable access. Whole thing built with 3/8 plywood including the hinged top. Yeah, feels like moving an average amp. Love the Fender volume pedal, but it weighs a ton. Last time I made a change was to swap out a double wide Rockton Trem for the Rogue Trem (MF - SDotD), so that I could add the MI Audio Blues Pro (w/ Fuzz switch). Except for Blues Pro and Trem, everything else bought used on eBay.

Attached Files:

17. telefan62

telefan62 Tele-Meister

I wired up a new experiment this weekend:

Took my M9 out of mothballs and re-jiggered my board to accommodate it. I don't like the way a lot of the Line6 stuff sounds - especially the dirt - but the Trem, Phaser, Auto-Wah, DDL, etc. are kind of cool, so I'm going to try incorporating some of that stuff into my playing and see if I like it.

Signal chain is now:
    Tele or Les Paul ->
    Polytune Mini ->
    OCD (for solo boost) ->
    Formula #5 / SFT / DLS depending on the guitar/song ->
    Xotic EP Booster (boost @ 10 o'clock for Telecaster; 0db for Les Paul) ->
    Line6 for modulations and such ->
    Carbon Copy ->
    Amp

Playing around with this setup yesterday yielded some pretty cool tones, definitely outside my normal OD->Delay setup. Looking forward to next rehearsal...

Attached Files:

18. Logieberra

Logieberra TDPRI Member

nice compact board... me likey!

19. tonedreamer

tonedreamer Tele-Holic

Just added the Sovereign, and it is awesome!

improvedboard.jpg

20. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Tele-Holic

Thank you for the info!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.