Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Chris619

Chris619 TDPRI Member

My Board

Sorry, bad photo but my pedal board is very much a work in progress and I’ll post a better photo soon. I started my pedal buying adventures properly when I bought a Boss BCB-60 pedal board which came with 6 Boss pedals. It came with: DD3, BD2, CH1, DS2, CS3 and a super phase shifter. I now only own 3 of these. The pedals I have now pretty much speak for themselves, the Dime distortion was a bit of a punt but I really like it for really heavy sounds. The double muff’s days may be numbered as it does give a great sound and pound for pound it’s probably the best pedal I own (£29.99) but since I bought the little big muff I don’t use it as much. I also have 2 pedals missing from my chain which are on their way to Keeley to be modified. I have sent them a Cry Baby Wah and a TS-9 to get all the mods. My BD-2 is also earmarked for upgrade.
    I am keen to know if anyone out there has owned any of the pedals I have and has any suggestions for upgrades. Please include rough prices if you can.
    The pedal chain is as follows, in order: Boss Tu Tuner, (Soon to be) Keeley Cry Baby, MXR Dime Distortion, Pro Co Rat, EHX Little Big Muff, EHX Nano Double Muff, (Soon to be) Keeley TS9, MXR Kerry King 10 Band EQ, Boss BD2, Boss CH1, Boss DD3. I run the 2 boards side by side but am looking into a single, bigger board, perhaps a Diago Tourman or building my own. I don’t want to put Velcro on my pedals though.
    I also have a Boss GT10 which is fantastic for copying other peoples sounds but you do lose a certain amount of clarity and it is noticeable if I then play from my pedal board. The GT10 is however a great piece of kit.
    I know I don’t have many modulation pedals but I have the GT10 for wild and wonderful noises. I am however looking for a great reverb pedal and have been looking at the Strymon blue sky. Any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. blargfromspace

blargfromspace Tele-Afflicted

Mine has been the same for a long, long time now. Try as I might I can't find a better tremolo than the BBE Tremor (bottom right, with one knob busted off). I've got a replacement on the way, but a recent experience with a vibe pedal has me thinking I want a vibe rather than tremolo. The Keeley-modified rat clone (white one with chips), which I de-Keeley'd and use for a low gain rhythm sound does its job better than anything else I've tried. The clean blend on the Pork Loin makes it great not only for dirty lead sounds when used with the Rat, but also by itself for slightly dirty country picking. The delay does slap-back well and thats all I use it for. And of course the Bad Bob needs no introduction around here.

[​IMG]

3. FosterF

FosterF Tele-Meister

So close to perfect. But of course, not there yet.

Either a Les Paul Custom or Les Paul Junior into:

Boss TU-2 > Custom FF Wah > Custom FF Boost > Fulltone FD2 > Custom FF OCD Clone > Goodrich L10K > Line 6 DL4 w/ expression pedal > Boss DD-5 > DeltaLabs DD-1 > EHX Nano Grail > Boss RV-5 stereo out

Depending on where I play: Vox AC15C1, Vox AC30HW, Orange AD30
    I run the stereo into both channels on the Vox amps.

As far as delays, the DD-5 is for dotted eighths, the DL4 is for quarter notes, dotted quarters, and analog using the expression to add in modulation or control repeats and mix, the DD-1 is just for slapback.

The AB/Y box was being used to switch the signal from the amp to a DI to use an acoustic as well.

image-2139530960.jpg

4. chunkyluke

chunkyluke Tele-Meister

Just got the Jekyll and Hyde, liking it a lot.

Attached Files:

5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Is your neck pickup upside down? If so, why?

6. chippertheripper

chippertheripper Friend of Leo's

Current config:

[​IMG]

Tuna, shod, new devi, amp trem switch, tc flashback, EA trem (always on, depth 0, speed maxed, preamp to suit THANKS .11G), wet verb (always on also)

7. chunkyluke

chunkyluke Tele-Meister

It's an after market cover. I tried the cover both ways around. No notice of any negatives to tone, so I went with what Keef did on Malcolm :) so essentially just for aesthetic value, for me it didn't effect anything else, but it does draw some attention to it :)

8. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

:lol: Well played!

9. chunkyluke

chunkyluke Tele-Meister

Cheers good sir, just sorry I didn't have a rat on the board ;)

10. mudshark

mudshark Friend of Leo's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attached Files:

11. Suttykins

Suttykins Tele-Meister

Nice board but why have the EA trem set up like that? Are you just using at as a boost?

12. chippertheripper

Yes and no.
    The preamp in the circuit is ****. I lost some thickness switching to an open back combo and this gets it back (I can't say it's neutrally eq'd, but I love the sound), but even at 0 depth, it still wobbles a little. Just enough. I switched back to my amp trem (now that it's fixed) for when I really want that effect, and the EA is subtle enough that they don't really fight with each other, if you catch my drift.

I know finding ones sound really is an evolution, but for now I'm pretty pumped on what I'm hearing. If dividers are quits and I start playing a different style, I'll have to adapt, but I think the current setup is pretty versatile.

13. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Tele-Holic

A work-in-progress, minus the board on order from NYC Pedalboards:

[​IMG]

14. Rodrigging

Rodrigging Tele-Meister

Nice dovetails. I'm a woodworker too. I built a Pedaltrain knock off out of maple using tenon and mortise slats. I think I'll build another using PT's slat style and your frame style. Now I need to find me some nice birds eye boards so I can keep up with the Jones's. :D

15. seventyeight

seventyeight Tele-Meister

I saw this on Devi's FB earlier today. Nice! How's the new fuzz?

16. Driveout02

Driveout02 TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

17. Aras Bruce

Aras Bruce TDPRI Member

Thank you! It was a labor of love over a thanksgiving break from the real world. I love the idea of slapping a bunch of metal boxes onto something that the instruments we play are made of....wood. Definitely had some help as well; dovetails were a first for me on this project.

18. Caillon

Caillon Tele-Meister

A little update of mine:

[​IMG]

19. chippertheripper

I dig it. It's pretty nasty maxed out.
    And you just can't find a cheaper hand built pedal built by somebody other than you.

20. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Just finished this tonight.
    Not much to it but it suits me just fine.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.