Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Loganloveguitar

Loganloveguitar Tele-Holic

lovin that SG Special

2. Loganloveguitar

all my pedals together, its a beautiful thing
    sorry for the spamming I change my board daily

[​IMG]

3. edipo

edipo Tele-Meister

Hey, Zounds. I'm wondering how do you like the hummingbird. I intend to buy one.

4. preacherofrock

preacherofrock TDPRI Member

Most recent incarnation...[​IMG]

5. Loganloveguitar

I shoulda got a paisley drive for the looks alone, my plexidrive looks so boring but damn does it sound good

6. Zounds Perspex

Zounds Perspex Tele-Meister

it's cool! I mainly use mine for pretty hard, choppy, psychedelic stuff, but it will mellow out quite a bit, too. It won't pull off dreamy brownface-like trem, but it's groovy.

7. harvdog

harvdog TDPRI Member

What is that on the top right?

8. Pepper bing

Pepper bing TDPRI Member

image-3887647334.jpg

Smallest board I've ever made.

Sent from pepper pedal-boards

9. Pepper bing

Pepper bing TDPRI Member

Pepper pedal boards

Sent from pepper pedal-boards

Attached Files:

10. edipo

edipo Tele-Meister

Great. That's what i want it for. It's gonna be on my "experimental" board, the "classic rock" one has a dano trem already. Thanks, man.

11. GregWV

GregWV Tele-Meister

image-4036928294.jpg

This has been a couple of years in the making- it's a Pedaltrain3.

12. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire

There are some well put together boards in here for sure. I just finished this one. All scrap wood and stuff from Lowes. It goes like this:

Guitar > Homemade true bypass loop > Korg Pitchblack > Morley Classic Wah with true bypass mod > Dyna Comp with Monte Allums mod > Blackstone Mosfet Overdrive > Carbon Copy > Amp

The red and black thing is just a footswitch for verb and trem.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  13. pullagnm

pullagnm TDPRI Member

Started out like this...
    [​IMG]

And here we are today after 5 years...
    [​IMG]

14. Loganloveguitar

love the cool cat vibe I have used mine extensivly

15. the-tone

the-tone Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my dream board. Thanks to Mason at vertex Effects for putting this together. I could't imagine it any other way. JUST AWESOME!

Explanation of rig added!

I choose the electric mistress(Hartman) cause I was really looking more for that Andy summers/David Gilmour/Robin Trower thing. It really sounds beautiful on chords and swells too, and it's just different than what many others are doing I think. I originally had chosen a chorus, but changed my mind last minute. Also it would be easy to swap it for a chorus on the fly if that should be needed on a session or gig.

The GigRig seems a bit on the large size I know. But it really does not take up more space than 2 VooDooLab pedal switchers laid out together. It's a bit taller, but that don't matter considering that you would have to raise the back pedals up anyhow on any pedalboard for easy access.

I also did NOT want ANYTHING with a display. Displays just DO NOT work outside in the bright sunlight. Displays are a total deal breaker for me, and can easily make you mess up on your gig. You GOT to be able to see where you're at, at all times! The GigRigs discrete LED's are bright, and I had ZERO problems detecting them on my two month summer tour this year. We played many gigs @ 100 degrees and high humidity. The GigRig preformed flawlessly, and I'm positive that no other switching system would have done the job equal or better than The GigRig.

I primarily chose The GigRig cause of the build quality and easy programability. I chose this over the Musicom cause I did NOT want anything with computer software. It's to risky having i.e. a power surge or high humidity causing it to reset or malfunction(like keyboards are known to do in those environments). I know the risk of that maybe would be slim, but I feel so much better knowing I've done all I can to make the board bulletproof. I wanna stay working and not look like a fool on stage in front of my boss.

I also strongly prefer to have ALL my tones available without having to go through banks. i.e. Musicom only allows 4 settings in every bank. So if you have a tone in bank 1 and want to go to a tone in bank 2 or higher, you have to first switch bank to access those tones. And then back again. That to me completely defies the purpose for a pedal switcher to begin with. You might as well hit 3-4 pedals on a board without a switcher then, if it takes that to get to a certain preset.

Switchers like the Musicom are perfect if you have a complete set-list with each song numbered accordingly to your banks. Then you just match the numbers/banks with each song and you're golden. 4 presets should do fine for one song. However, for sessions, rehearsals and jamming, or if your boss likes to on and off switch stuff around on the band in the middle of a performance, I STRONGLY prefer having it all available to me without having to remember what tone is in what bank and having to go back and fourth and such. It becomes cluttered real fast to me, and is not practical at all. I also love the dip switches. That means I can reprogram even on stage in the middle of a show if I need to. Sometimes things just go wrong and you forget to store your tone after a rehearsal. Then you come home and you forgot what you did at the rehearsal. With The GigRig it simply stays as you set it. You can program that thing even with no AC connected. The GigRig is they simplest and most reliable switching system available and it's build like a tank. That's what I love about it. Their customer service is also top notch and it's easy to fix should it break somehow.

I found The GigRig to be the hands down best switching system on the market. The space "issue" is simply relative to your needs compared to i.e. Musicom or Loop-a-holic(as explained above). Accessibility and use over saving 3 inches in depth is a total mute issue in my humble opinion.

16. dadean

dadean TDPRI Member

Update.

ForumRunner_20111017_025648.jpg

About time for a bigger board I think..

17. the-tone

the-tone Tele-Meister

That's what happened to me also! And look where it got me..lol

18. Viqbang

Viqbang TDPRI Member

Mason's work is mind-numbingly beautiful...That's my "end state" (I believe) but I had a need of putting something together quick, so I'm using the below at present.

[​IMG]

19. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy TDPRI Member

Hey Zounds!!! Recognize you from ILF!!! How goes it mang?

Posting my bass board that will no doubt be pulling double doodie till a put together a guitar board.

[​IMG]

Probably won't use the Multiwave Bass Distortion on guitar,...but I do intend to put together a board to compliment my upcoming Tele Deluxe RI purchase.

20. mitch_m

mitch_m Tele-Holic

That's the biggest board I've ever seen used with a bass. Cool

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.