Show us your most PRIZED guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by t2t80, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scratchman

scratchman Tele-Meister

This is my 1974 Telecaster, all original

[​IMG]

It's special because it's the first vintage I bought and it's the same age as me. It also plays better than any guitar I had ever tried before. I've since got a '74 SG and '74 Strat but this is the 'one'.

2. dean

dean Friend of Leo's

Here are mine: 1950 Martin 000-21 (Braz RW) and the sensational 1960 Martin D-18.

[​IMG]

Dean

3. marantz1300

marantz1300 Tele-Meister

These.6 bolt EBMM Musicman Silhouette's.I have a Pevey Reactor but I want another Tele. [​IMG]

4. marantz1300

marantz1300 Tele-Meister

I REALY like this.

5. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

I have 2 kids, will you take the 1st born or last for the 62? :D

6. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

I'm like BritishBluesBoy, very difficult to pick just one. I've been thru a load of guitars over the years and the ones that stay are the ones I cherish. If I don't bond with it I don't keep it. I have 2 at the moment that will be going whenever I find them a home.

So far my telecaster, esquire, Les Paul, 335 and el00 flat-top acoustic are all keepers and are equally prized.

But I suppose what I'd currently consider my 'best' guitar would be my 50s Classic Esquire. It has a Dimarzio AreaT pickup in it...easily the best pickup of the dozen or so pickup varieties I've tried out.

[​IMG]

7. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My #1: nothing too fancy, just my blackguard style partscaster. The bummer last week...my Barden bridge pup just crapped out for no reason. Took it out, a coil wire had broken where it exits the coil. Minimum $55 just to look at by Barden, with no guarantees. Screw that...it's a goner. Those things are too damn delicate and the design is mostly unrepairable. Time to try something new.

8. Tdot

Tdot Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

9. mrplavick

mrplavick TDPRI Member

If forced to pick one it'd have to be my Larrivee OM-01.
    [​IMG]

10. NEPATelecaster

NEPATelecaster Tele-Afflicted

11. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

What?

This old thing...??? ;)

[​IMG]

(Don't tell anyone but it ain't an original '62 it's a rewired 80's MIJ with fralins in it...)

12. NEPATelecaster

NEPATelecaster Tele-Afflicted

My most "prized" guitar has to be my 1997 Godin LGX. I traded this for old Pa Equipment back in 1999, and it is just way to versitle for me to ever let it go.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE every one of the guitars I have now too...

When I get to open my Christmas gift - Nashville Power Tele, the Godin will see less action, but she's a keeper.

[​IMG]

13. 91xlntS-3

91xlntS-3 Tele-Afflicted

There's been a few over the years...

[​IMG]
    My #1 on the left I bought new in 1991. Played it for everything for 11 years. She's a "relic" now, and I just took her out of the case last night to check on her. I've owned 4 of these over the years, but these are the only 2 that are bone stock! The other one is from '91 also, bought it as my #2. These were a "poor mans'" James Burton model, to me anyway.

[​IMG]
    My current #1 Player; my 2004 Am. Std. Tele Nat. Ash w/maple neck/FB. Had a set of NoCasters installed in her and this is THE TONE that just screams Tele! My favorite till the NoCasters were installed is my American Ash Tele (8502) with modern/vintage p-ups. This was what I judged all others by.
    These are 2 totally different guitars, from electronics to neck, but I love 'em both!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are 2 "runner ups", both from 2000. MIM Std. Strat and my 50's Classic.

14. Fatmanstratman

Fatmanstratman Poster Extraordinaire

Man... I'm lucky enough to have more than 40 guitars in my collection, and so I'm asked this question all the time. And it is NEVER easy to answer...:oops:

Like everyone here, I love all my guitars (except my Strat...:eek:), and although my Teles are by FAR the most played, I still get a special kick out of plugging in my Rics, and my faultless Gibson 335 which is THE ultimate guitar (IMHO, of course).

But as far as my most prized, it would have to be this little baby:

[​IMG]

My 1964 Harmony H14 'BobKat' - near mint condition, great fun to play, incredible sounds from the wonderful DeArmond Goldfoil pickup. Just oozes that 60s "surf sound". I'll never part with this one. Apologies for the poor pic - it's the only one I have to hand.

15. Dave Hopping

Dave Hopping Friend of Leo's

Here goes!
    Rear,left to right:12/62 Tremolux,3/64 Bassman,5/62 Concert.
    Front,left to right: '62-3 Country Gentleman,'64 Strat,'67 Nashville,'46 D-28,'66 J-bass(refinned,not by me).
    The Gent was a gift from my folks when it was new,the Tremolux,Bassman, and Jazz Bass are within the last 5 years,the rest I got long ago when they were just old obsolete pieces nobody really wanted.HEE! HEE!

Attached Files:

16. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Friend of Leo's

:lol: This is like asking to choose one child from the litter,but I'll play the game anyway..First my Taylor Big Baby that gets played more than all the rest together.Second this old Strat that I rescued from the dumpster.The only thing original on it is the body and neck and they have both been repaired and modified.But if I was called to do a gig and could only take one axe it would ,hands down, be my MIM Tele,stock except for a four way...PJ...
    Thought y'all might like seein my old 59 Jazzmaster that was my main axe for over 15 years..I no longer have it. PJ...

Attached Files:

17. doggy1972

doggy1972 Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

My Heritage H-170 (but I still play my teles more) This guitar sounds marvelous, like a chunky sounding SG.Its VERY light but, resonates for days

18. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

It doesn't get played too much anymore, my 72 Les Paul - first electric I bought - new - $325. It was my only electric for 28 years. Its much lighter than in the picture - the tobacco SB is slowing fading.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  19. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

She's a real beauty, Mark!

20. AjayTele

AjayTele Tele-Afflicted

My most prized guitar isn't a Tele, which is sort of weird for me...but there is a good reason.

It's a 1965 Fender XII.

Why is it my most prized guitar? Because of it's history.

You see I bought it from Neil Levang, the Pro Fender session muso who used to play on the Lawrence Welk show from the 60s through to the 80s. Neil provided me with a signed letter when I bought the guitar indicating that the guitar had been used in numerous recording sessions for several famous artists, including Elvis, the Rondells and some of the Batman TV series tracks.:cool:

So here she is:
    [​IMG]

And here's Neil with her.
    [​IMG]

Another prized guitar is a Bass...formerly owned by Nick Seymour of Crowded House...
    [​IMG]

He sold it in 1989 to the guy I bought it from. I am still trying to find out if it was used on the first CH album or not.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.