1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show Us Your Latest 'Favorite' Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JJLC, Aug 10, 2020.

1. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Cool. Neat guitar. I didn't see the coil tab switch until you mentioned it. That makes for a really flexible guitar.

Up until about the last year I thought Stratocaster's should be S/S/S but earlier this year I dropped a Seymour Duncan humbucker in my black strat and I like it a lot.

2. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I looked over this thread again and saw that partscaster Strats were getting some love so I decided throw this into the mix: IMG_20200320_204537.jpg Earl Slick body and hardware (lots of brass), Mighty Mite compound radius neck, Fender Hot Noiseless p'ups, 250k controls, 0.022 MF cap, blender knob. I think that the body is Ash, slightly heavy variety.

garrett, awasson and Zepfan like this.
  3. garrett

garrett Tele-Afflicted

Mine is this USA Custom Guitars build I did in 2003. Semi-hollow with a 25" scale conversion neck. It has always been my favorite Strat, but it didn't really thrill me until last year. I had been slowly replacing parts over time until I finally hit the magic combo. Now, if it ever came down to it, this would the last guitar to go.

[​IMG]

RiversQC and Zepfan like this.
  4. JohnnyJumpUp

JohnnyJumpUp TDPRI Member

I have the same strat , same year as the ash on the right. A gift from my former wife while we were still married around 1990. Sounds great but needs a fret job which I may tackle. I extracted the cast one piece trem and replaced it with a cheap one w/steel block from guitar fetish. I will snap a pic and post tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Matthias likes this.
  5. JohnnyJumpUp

JohnnyJumpUp TDPRI Member

80strat.jpg

Zepfan likes this.
  6. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Ahhhhh... I can’t decide. I was playing these two the other night and they were both great. Maybe if I had to pick one, I’d take the sunburst. It’s an Eric Johnson Strat and it’s great clean and great dirty.

5300AF0D-F74D-48F5-980F-9101950AAC6C.jpeg

153E997D-3B9B-40C3-AC50-834500321663.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.