1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show Us Your Latest 'Favorite' Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by JJLC, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

My friend Kristopher said, you need a Strat to match your car...

10-27-14 076.JPG

garrett, elihu, Blazer and 10 others like this.
  2. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

They make these things called loaded pickguards. You swap out the stock one, store it for later, and drop in a HH, HSH, H, SS, S style... Put a Tele in there, LP, P90s with a little adjustment, goldfoils, lipsticks, so much fun. That's why you should keep the second Strat.

3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's

Latest...Vintage Reissued V6PLB...:cool:.

IMG_7498.JPG

JJLC, Spox and Zepfan like this.
  4. Frisco 57

Frisco 57 Tele-Meister

I sold a Fiesta Red parts-caster strat to a coworker a few years back and regretted it. I recently decided to do another "Fiesta Red"...

IMG_8946 (2).jpg

garrett and JJLC like this.
  5. TwangToInfinity

TwangToInfinity Tele-Afflicted

whoa very many seriously incredible strats in this thread!

heres my fav i dont play it much now, especially after i played the frets almost all off.

i generally dont name guitars past their color but this ones called shaky, it shakes like crazy .

it wasnt expensive
    DSC03554.JPG

garrett, awasson, JJLC and 4 others like this.
  6. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

7. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

elihu, AAT65, awasson and 3 others like this.
  8. Spox

Spox TDPRI Member

A partscaster, I'd bought the solid ash Squier Pro Tone body only, no electrics, and had a boutique set of Fender Wide Range humbuckers built for it then had the neck taken from a Squier Silver Series strat and fitted. Earlier in year I sourced what may or may not be a Squier Pro Tone neck and had the Silver Series body reunited with its neck and had the Pro Tone neck fitted to the Pro Tone body, it's a maple board when that body only came with a rosewood board. It isn't perfect but it's pretty much the only guitar I've played during lockdown, I got it back about a week before everything closed. 3rd March 2020, James H Cadden 1w.jpg 3rd March 2020, James H Cadden 2w.jpg

JJLC and KATT like this.
  9. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Favorite / only. My overwhelming #1. I have an SG with P90s when I need to play something different, but I'd say I play the strat about 90% of the time.

Robert Cray Hardtail with custom wiring and a Classic Player 50s neck. I've had it the better part of three years and have had a couple of much more expensive instruments in to see if I'd like them better (most recently a PRS Silver Sky) but they're all gone and this one keeps on keepin' on. Just feels right and sounds right to me.

[​IMG]unnamed by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

garrett, elihu, awasson and 3 others like this.
  10. KATT

KATT Tele-Meister

My latest favourite Stratocaster has been my favourite since I bought it in 2009, so much so I've not bought another Stratocaster since.

It's a Fender Custom shop 60s HSS. There are many who will hate the relic finish, but I don't really care too much about how the guitar looks. In fact, I didn't even want a sunburst one, but it plays and sounds great which was reason enough to buy it. Most guitars I own were not my preferred colour!

Screenshot_20200817_104914.jpg

JJLC and Jake909 like this.
  11. KATT

KATT Tele-Meister

Very nice. I've had quite a few silver series Squier Strats over the years and think they're great. What makes you think the neck on the Pro tone may not be a pro tone? It's hard to tell from the photo, but from memory when they were being sold in the late 90s, they had a very unique Squier logo which yours appears to have. I never saw that logo on any other Squier, but I could be wrong.

12. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

I can’t decide.

D4EB6ABD-59C2-4EC4-966A-E92415E9284E.jpeg

JJLC and Spox like this.
  13. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

2001 Custom shop 1956 blond strat...

Attached Files:

JJLC likes this.
  14. Spox

Spox TDPRI Member

I own some other Pro Tones and whilst the headstock decals check out there's no trace of the serial number/Crafted In Korea on the heel. I like the neck though and that's the main thing.

KATT likes this.
  15. jeff haslam

jeff haslam NEW MEMBER!

I have close to a dozen electric guitars. Two teles, a Tokai, some modified Japanese 60's vintage (Guyatone, Intermark), and a strat partscaster that has been in a constant state of rebuild as I try out various mods. None of them can touch my 1963 Strat. I bought it for $160 in 1973. Stripped the finish off when I was in college (everybody proclaiming, "You'll ruin the value!'). I made a clear plexiglass pickguard which covered the brushed stainless steel shield for decades. I started building a couple years ago and fell in love with the acid etched copper sheeting I acquired from a veneer company while exploring pickguard materials and added it. The only other modification is a 5-switch. Oh and a velcroed on guitar synthesizer controller. Strat copper pickguard.jpg George Gruhn looked at it about 10 years ago and said, "I'll give you $12,500 for it - not a penny more." From my bleeding hands. I want this guitar in my hands when I die.
    PS: This is not to say I'm a snob for vintage. There are some very good playing guitars among the modern strats and teles in the economy class and they are so affordable, one is free to customize any aspect. I recently bought a Danelectro strat copy made about 20 years ago for $150. The neck, frets, and string spacing are the closest to my '63 strat of any of my other guitars and it has become my backup of choice. The pickups aren't bad either.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    garrett, JJLC and Spox like this.
  16. Marky Forrest

Marky Forrest TDPRI Member

This one is my fav.

Attached Files:

JJLC likes this.
  17. Marky Forrest

Marky Forrest TDPRI Member

I just noticed the colors in the pic are off. There’s no purplish color on the body. It’s aged cherry. Crappy ancient cell phone camera.

18. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

It's hard to pass off an opportunity to show off your Favorite Strat. This has been a earliest and latest favorite for 20 years now. I bought this 1997 CIJ 50's RI from my Son in about 2000. I have 6 Strats but this one takes the #1 spot. The highlights are Sperzel Locking tuners, Dyna-Guide String tree, Buzz Featon tuning Mod, American Special Strat Electronics/pickups(Texas Specials) and last but not least the V Neck with 7.25 radius, small vintage type frets--Ye Haw! All the stuff that makes a great Strat for me:>) Platefire
    Bob's Stratocaster 002.jpg

240365-4f9698dc059f805d3f6f75e915d68034.jpg

240366-de2b81d4c3b1c020096b420d42320d13.jpg

JJLC likes this.
  19. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

Here's my latest partscaster Strat. This really is my favourite Strat right now!

The story is this. I made a 0001 replica recently and bought the body from a guitar finisher here in the UK. Let's just say I was less than impressed with his work but carried on with the build anyway, with some additional finishing work done by myself. I then decided to do a body from scratch myself, this time with a more accrate swamp ash body, and that gave me the idea to use the original for a new project (any excuse right)? I already had some parts laying around I could use.

So here are the specs for this one:

Alder body with some extra relicing by me
    Hosco neck - bought from ebay for not a lot, it was finished in the most ORANGE looking shellac finish imaginable. I stripped it and refinished with Tung oil, leaving the back of the neck bare. 9.5" radius medium jumbo frets
    Pickups - Tonerider Classic Blues. These are SUPERB pickups. Absolutely spot on for Texas blues. Covers are Fender white covers aged in coffee
    Fender Custom Shop vintage trem unit
    Alpha pots, Oak Grigsby 5-way switch, cloth wiring

This feels very much like the heavy relic CS Strat I once had (although total cost about a quarter of the price). After setting up it plays wonderful, great feeling neck and as said above the tone is bang on what I was looking for.

upload_2020-8-18_11-56-12.png

20. Itgoesto11

Itgoesto11 Tele-Meister

6D183C04-640A-49BF-982F-396151650A9D.jpeg 2CB17EFC-9196-445E-A8AF-D885694E940D.jpeg

JJLC likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.