Show us them sexy straps!

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
I love straps! Lighting is bad today, but here is a selection that may qualify as being sexy
IMG_20220126_105645.jpg
IMG_20220126_105607.jpg
IMG_20220126_105446.jpg
IMG_20220126_105337.jpg
IMG_20220126_104652.jpg
IMG_20220126_104912.jpg
IMG_20220126_105203.jpg

Last edited:

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
View attachment 944594 View attachment 944595

I bought the strap at Guitar Center 25 years ago…added the Schaller strap locks and conchos (?) shortly thereafter.

Understated with an element of Yee-Haw…kinda like me!
Are they mounted with a backing plate? They look cool, the conchos. Great looking Tele btw; I bet the P-90 sounds great. And you’re one of the few who leaves the ash tray on, or was that done for the pic?

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Hi.

I find straps problematic. I want comfort and (what I perceive as) style. For me at least, a lot of straps have neither, let alone both. Probably why the majority of my straps are reasonably comfortable and really plain.

Here's two I often use. Photos taken a few mins ago. The first, by Levy, I find comfortable and I like the look of it. The second one, which I picked up one time back in New Zealand, is not as comfortable as it looks, and once I got it I decided it was not so cool. It's okay with the bass though.

View attachment 944569

View attachment 944566

Pax/
Dean
Well it LOOKS cool; that’s the important thing🤪🤪

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
Are they mounted with a backing plate? They look cool, the conchos. Great looking Tele btw; I bet the P-90 sounds great. And you’re one of the few who leaves the ash tray on, or was that done for the pic?
The conchos are mounted with a flathead screw in the back—hole punched in the leather strap and hardware installed, a dot of Loktite works fine.

The P-90 is fantabulous…it was a cheap Mighty Mite pickup I bought off eBay for $20 a decade and a half ago….I positioned it as far away from the neck as the (humbucker-sized) body routing would allow, to prevent bassy/boomy/muddy tone…this necessitated me cutting the pickguard myself, with a Dremel Tool.

I actually play with the ashtray in place; it works well with my fingerstyle technique…I also play my Stratcaster and Telecaster Deluxe with the (smaller) bridge cover(s) in place.

(Note ashtrays in place on the pics below)
3F901E44-C628-47FD-8132-6315FF8033FE.jpeg

A95C789F-B366-4EE9-B1DF-AB027A70AF64.jpeg
DFA28926-0888-428C-985E-A12C61AA269B.jpeg

Last edited:

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
The conchos are mounted with a flathead screw in the back—hole punched in the leather strap and hardware installed, a dot on Loktite works fine.

The P-90 is fantabulous…it was a cheap Mighty Mite pickup I bought off eBay for $20 a decade and a half ago….I positioned it as far away from the neck as the (humbucker-sized) body routing, to prevent bassy/boomy/muddy tone…this necessitated me cutting the pickguard myself, with a Dremel Tool.

I actually play with the ashtray in place; it works well with my fingerstyle technique…I also play my Stratcaster and Telecaster Deluxe with the (smaller) bridge cover(s) in place.

View attachment 944690
View attachment 944685 View attachment 944686
A friend of mine recently put a mini humbucker in his Tele, and a Twang King in the bridge position because he liked the one I had in my Richie Kotzen. I’m gonna show him what you did because it makes sense to space a hot pickup farther from the neck. Good thinking. Now, I’m gonna resume my search for conchos, because hey, why not?

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
@JohnnyThul , I really like that dark sort-of-paisley strap in your second pic, and check out that Fire(bird)caster with the Tele hardware and Charlie Christian neck pickup! That is wild!

JustABluesGuy

Friend of Leo's
The conchos are mounted with a flathead screw in the back—hole punched in the leather strap and hardware installed, a dot on Loktite works fine.

The P-90 is fantabulous…it was a cheap Mighty Mite pickup I bought off eBay for $20 a decade and a half ago….I positioned it as far away from the neck as the (humbucker-sized) body routing, to prevent bassy/boomy/muddy tone…this necessitated me cutting the pickguard myself, with a Dremel Tool.

View attachment 944690
View attachment 944685 View attachment 944686

Metal parts on straps look extremely cool, but have always scared me. I can’t help but picture them banging around on the guitar’s finish!

Chicago Matt

Friend of Leo's
I’ve seen them on Reverb I think. I think I have a couple I paid about $30 - $40 for. I know I couldn’t have one made that nicely with that type soft leather and embossing for under a $100 bucks. What a nice strap. I’ll try to pat pics of the ones I’ve bought, and thanks for chiming in.
Yes, they are a great value IMO. On Amazon (model is G-118) for $35.95. I have them for 3 of my guitars and bought the first several years back. The padding is what sold me. Very comfortable and they look great too.

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
@JohnnyThul , I really like that dark sort-of-paisley strap in your second pic, and check out that Fire(bird)caster with the Tele hardware and Charlie Christian neck pickup! That is wild!
That strap is of a German company calles Steyner. They just started a few years ago and have excellent quality and design, highly recommended.
That Telebird/Firecaster was just an experimental build I made to try out a few things.I had the neck and pickups lying around and decided to build a body for it and then it kind of went a little crazy with maple and ebony, epoxy resin and binding....