Show us them sexy straps!

TeleBrew

Doctor of Teleocity
I have seven straps. I only have three guitars. I've had the old Earth III camo strap since I was 13.
20220125_155216.jpg
20220125_155221.jpg
20220125_155244.jpg

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
So my son bought me this black woven nylon DiMarzio strap for my new instrument, and it turned out to be a little short for the sort of up-and-out guitarrón position. I took it back to Guitar Center today to find something a few inches longer. I had something narrow and leather in the tan/buckskin spectrum in mind, and most of what I saw was not that, and was even shorter. Then I found this longer Perri’s suede strap, in what I’d say is in the region of turquoise-to-Seafoam green. I got thinking about how that would look against wood, and decided it might be odd but would probably be comfortable with a bulky lightweight instrument, and at my first string replacement I can probably get my colorway together with some different colors on the nylon strings.

(Guitarrón strings come in some pretty wild colors; the nylon strings on it now are some kind of wild tropical swirl).

I just tried it and at its longest setting, it feels great, so that’s sexy enough for me.

18382681-405B-4C69-BCB3-B89B98517101.jpeg

pippoman

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Sexy? Black leather qualifies I suppose. And it goes with anything. I like these...
View attachment 944516
I’ve seen them on Reverb I think. I think I have a couple I paid about $30 - $40 for. I know I couldn’t have one made that nicely with that type soft leather and embossing for under a $100 bucks. What a nice strap. I’ll try to pat pics of the ones I’ve bought, and thanks for chiming in.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
View attachment 944272

That looks like eleven to me (even taking rounding into account it's a minuimum of ten minutes and two seconds), but then again I didn't take half a lifetime to build a DPP 335 style, that I didn't even apply the finish myself. Just give @pippoman a little slack, he hasn't even been here eight years yet.
I factored in typing time :cool:

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi.

I find straps problematic. I want comfort and (what I perceive as) style. For me at least, a lot of straps have neither, let alone both. Probably why the majority of my straps are reasonably comfortable and really plain.

Here's two I often use. Photos taken a few mins ago. The first, by Levy, I find comfortable and I like the look of it. The second one, which I picked up one time back in New Zealand, is not as comfortable as it looks, and once I got it I decided it was not so cool. It's okay with the bass though.

50s Style MIJ with Levy Strap 2.JPEG

Jazz Bass with Koru Strap.JPEG

Pax/
Dean