Show me your Jazzmaster!....'s neck pocket, from the side please

Rigel7

Tele-Meister
Here's the scoop, gang. About 10 years ago now I built my second guitar, a Jazzmaster - turned out fairly well considering I didn't have templates and should have caused much bodily harm with the router. Actually, while I was working on it I'd been waiting on a call from Kim Mitchell. He finally called a daily later, at which point I was doing the electrics, so I picked up and said "hang on Kim Mitchell, I'm soldering."
Anyhoo, I've been reading Elvis Costello's book, which prompted me to dig out my homemade Jazzmaster. I know I have to do some work to it, but my neck seems to sit up strangely high. Using paper slipped into the pocket I seem to be at 9/16s, but I don't know. It just looks really high to me. I can post a pick if you'd like, but I'd really appreciate seeing yours - so long as they're true JMs, as in have a trem and a non-fixed drop in saddle (me avoiding saying Tuneomatic). Thanks, jazzy cats.

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
This is a drawing Fender sent me when I enquired whether the American Original JM neck pocket was angled. Don't know if it helps you?

652390-8689c73dd7b1b0853f6a8c24ababcbb0.png