1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show me your amp !!

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by TheGoodGuy, Jun 28, 2014.

1. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

Nice looking amps, great build jobs.

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

Not my main amp but I recently put together this head to go with a spare cab.

Lovely tone and great fun to mod. Was an Ampmaker kit N5X and cab was scratch built from shelving and silver tile edging.

[​IMG]

3. Duke

Duke Tele-Meister

Thanks, man. I bought a blank one piece pine Tele body and sanded and finished it with about 12 shots of nitro. I added a Wilkinson bridge and vintage ferrels. I took a squire 51 neck (nice and fat), sanded off the poly, added the vintage tree and good tuners, and waxed it. I dropped Lolllar 52-t pickups in it. It's a great guitar. Thanks for noticing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  4. larryw98

larryw98 TDPRI Member

71 vibrolux rev and74 pro rev

ForumRunner_20141102_103047.jpg

5. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

Well here is mine.

I now have both a Super Champ X2 Combo and Head. The cabinet is a 2x12 that I built with a pair of Tone Tubby Low Watt hemp cone speakers. The top one has an Alnico magnet the bottom one is ceramic.

I also have some tolex and grill cloth to match the combo, the head will get a recover over the winter!

-Harry

Attached Files:

• Amp.jpg
      Amp.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
  6. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My newest.

Attached Files:

7. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

Vibro King. My new baby... Wanted one for years. It's changing how i play.

image-557024007.jpg

8. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

I always find it funny when I'm about to respond to a "show us your (piece of gear)" thread only to find I already posted a few pages back.

9. garage_band

garage_band TDPRI Member

image-1988794414.jpg

image-3448674317.jpg

image-1136425212.jpg

image-2096042331.jpg

image-3845053407.jpg

Just happened upon a Lindell n100x tube amp for $100 at a local pawn shop.

10. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I've done that before. Some of these pages live on for awhile. Some make a comeback after being gone off the first page.

11. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I've got several amps, but I've had this one the longest and it's still the Grand Poo-bah of the bunch. Doesn't look like much, but it sounds so sweet. I replaced the worn out CTS speakers years ago with some Eminence ceramics I ran across, and they sound great, better than some higher end speakers I tried. The power tubes are Phillips JAN 6L6WGBs; they stay clean up to about 4.5 or 5. I don't get to use it near as much as I'd like to as it's just too loud for most gigs I do nowadays, but I use it every chance I get. And it makes a nice table for picks and the sweat rag while you're playing too...dde1c image-2647529076.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  12. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Here are the four amps I have at home:

'52 Silvertone with a Weber signature 8" speaker. This is a perfect Lap Steel amp

'80's Peavey Backstage Plus. An ebay score. I've done nothing but clean it up. It's a great gig amp for low volume gigs.

'90 Mesa Boogie Studio .22+ It's been my main gigging amp several years. I run it clean. It has Altec 417-8H speaker in it. I'm selling it soon to finance another amp.

In the second picture we have a Traynor Bassmaster powering a 4 x 12" Dean Markley cab with custom design Eminence speakers in it.

Attached Files:

13. GaryOsborne

GaryOsborne RIP

Great thread.

14. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

My latest:
    IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    Lafayette from about 1965 or 66 (according to the date code on the
    Jensen), just acquired about 2 weeks ago. I just recapped and replaced the resistors in the power stage last weekend (that last is a before photo). It fired right up afterwards but seems to be running hot, so this weekend I'll be going trough the bias circuit. Cool amp; it sounds very Voxy to me.

15. tweeddeluxe

tweeddeluxe Tele-Afflicted

#1 of a slowly dwindling # of amps. 18w Marshall clone I built in 2001. 2x Weber ceramic Blue Pups
    [​IMG]

#2 '74 Vibrolux, blackfaced, Weber mismatched ceramic 10s
    [​IMG]

Both are keepers.

16. fabricator

fabricator Tele-Meister

Here are a few that I've built.

Marshall 1974 (18w) circuit.
    Tweed Deluxe.
    Tweed Bassman & Champ.
    Tweed extension cabinet with early 60's Jensen P15N.

17. fabricator

fabricator Tele-Meister

Hmm....
    Not sure why the photos didn't attach.

Attached Files:

18. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

That thing looks really cool and $100 is a heck of a deal, but what on Earth kind of baffle is the speaker attached to? Cardboard? Masonite?

19. RetroJoe

RetroJoe TDPRI Member

WARNING - Actual G.A.S. Victim - Graphic Image

My "Recovering from GAS" collection. I really don't play out regularly any more, so I'm almost down to about dozen guitars and a dozen amps. This also shows a couple of Tele-type axes (1982 S&T Custom Tele-Paul, Harrison Lutherie SunCaster, and a 50's Esquire.

Top left is a '63 Rickenbacker B-16 Supersonic (2x6L6, 5AR4 recto, originally 25-28 watts, cathode-biased, with 4x10 C10Q's), here reinstalled into a custom tuxedo cab designed for a tweed 3x10 bandmaster - Weber Sig Ceramic 10's. Original cabinet was beyond "relic". I have been playing 50 years and don't know of anything that sounds quite like the big Ricky; like an '64 AC30 crossed with a 5E7 Bandmaster...sort of.

Topside is a 5F11 clone in 5E3-sized cab, Weber AlNiCo 12A125A. True Vibroluxury. Next are a G40V Piggy, stock '66 Gibson Explorer GA15RVT, '82 Fender Bassman 20 (Rivera, 2x6V6, 18w) - a great low vol clean sound with 1x15 - kinda jazzy for guitar, and real warm small studio bass amp, like an old Ampeg B12, or somesuch.

Middle row are '64 Fender Concert (new grill, otherwise stock+original) that I prefer to the BFSR...ymmv. Next is e "Retrolux" my first pseudo-custom amp. It is essentially a 5E9 Tremolux circuit in a former junked BF Bassman chassis, running 5881's for about 18-20 watts.

Bottom row has the '62 6G6A Bassman, my stock '65 Pro Reverb (running C12N's, saving the original Oxfords), and custom Twin 5F8A clone modded to run 4x6V6's. Exquisite 45w Twin with 6V6 tonal complexity - almost a 6V6 Bluesbreaker.

Small rack has the reverbs: custom chocolate/oxblood, stock 1965 (original Gibbs tank sounds much wetter/surfy than the hammond/accutronics), and custom 6G15 in a tweed suit.

On the far right, a couple of 68 BandMasters, and a 2x10, single channel AB763 (from another trashed Bassman chassis) in a Rodgers cab, with 3-knob passive reverb. Really loud and bright with 2x10 Weber ceramic Thames HiPowers (early production).

Attached Files:

20. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

I live in a townhouse, which inhibits amplification of anything over polite TV volume levels, all my amps are low watt. A pair of Tweed Champ 5F1 clones, one in a larger cabinet with a 12" speaker and the other with the regular 8" Jensen.
    [​IMG]

The other amp is a Peavey Studio Pro from the early '80s:
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.