1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Show me your amp !!

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by TheGoodGuy, Jun 28, 2014.

1. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

My favorites.
    Oops... forgot that I posted prior. Anyway better pictures and the grill on my SFDR replaced.

Attached Files:

2. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

Check out my stack:

Attached Files:

3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

My year-old Peavey Bandit. I traded an ailing Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for this after lots of research, and I've never regretted it.

I keep the percentage power switch low (25%) so it breaks up pretty early on the clean channel, and unlike some owners I am tickled to pieces with the overdrive sounds. The distortion is much more controllable than with the HRDx, and I simply love it. Note that I swapped the chrome knobs for ones I could see on a dark stage!

My backup amps are both USA-made "red-stripe" Envoys, and they are great as well. I use one at church and one for smaller gigs...but for rooms over a certain size I just prefer the 12" speaker.

Attached Files:

4. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

heh, thumbs up for the little pig at the top, i really like mine, even tho it hates buckers, the little pig dig single coils tho.

anyhow, im wondering what cab do you have at the bottom, home made?

chris.

5. DaBender

DaBender Tele-Afflicted

Though I've owned this amp for over 30 years, it never got played much and has changed a bit since some necessary repairs were made. Though I've been gigging for over 20 years, it never really left the house until I tried it at a couple of jams recently, and I finally gigged it last weekend. I've yet to give it a public airing with my Hamer Daytona, but with my SG it has that really authentic, anti-SRV blues vibe. You know, thick and dripping with sweat. Powered by 2 6v6s, but probably a little less power than a tweed deluxe.

Attached Files:

6. dragonfly66

dragonfly66 Friend of Leo's

My Favorites:
    '77 Princeton Reverb
    '68 Super Reverb
    '66 Twin Reverb
    '12 EC Twinolux

The Rest:
    '66 Champ
    '68 Pro Reverb
    TUNGSTEN Mosaic
    '11 RICHTER 5E3
    '06 SOULTONE 45ps
    '14 RUDE MOOD #9
    '96 BUDDA Twinmaster
    FENDER Excelsior

Attached Files:

7. blues

blues Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Regal with 4x10 open back cabinet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  8. exsopr

exsopr TDPRI Member

[​IMG]

Running them stereo for now, might just make the crate into a spare cab if i can't sell it.

9. exsopr

exsopr TDPRI Member

I am very very very envious of this setup.

10. RaggedTele

RaggedTele Tele-Meister

I just got wood

11. Duke

Duke Tele-Meister

Here's my 5e3. I made the cab out of ash. I hand wire it and put a weber F150 in it. I lacquered some burlap for grill cloth.

The other one is a 5f1 that I built with some of my grade 8 boys. Again I made an ash cab with burlap for grill cloth. I made the negative feedback switchable and added a boost switch with dual bypass caps.

Attached Files:

12. jman72

jman72 Tele-Afflicted

Here's my new scratch-built 5e3 that I just finished today. Pine cabinet, Jensen C12N speaker, and tones of tone! :p

Attached Files:

13. Duke

Duke Tele-Meister

NICE! Good work.

14. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

These are shots of my amp from the builder's FB page that he posted when he sent the amp to me. It's a Vintage Sound Amp Classic 22, which is a handwired amp based on a mid sixties black face Deluxe Reverb circuit. Mine has a High Gain/Mild Compression with added reverb & vibrato mod to the normally plain channel.

My story about this amp is that my dad passed away this year and he was a an educator by trade. During his teaching career, he taught electronics and woodworking, amongst other things, so I wanted to get something to remind me of him when I used it. I searched for an amp that had a furniture grade cabinet and handwired electronics (and for me, lush reverb); the VSA Classic series was the perfect mix. It took 8 weeks for Rick to build it, but it was well worth the wait. Great amp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. blues

blues Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Thanks guys. Its my only amp. I sold some gear to fund the whole thing. It sounds nice with my guitar that has a P-90 and turned up to 7-9 on the amp.

There are a whole bunch of cool amps on this thread. :)

16. haggardfan1

+1 Only difference, mine is the new edition, but I completely agree. I absolutely LOVE the Peavey Transtube amps.

I've got two Envoys from the same era as your Bandit, and they are terrific as well.

17. haggardfan1

That is a beautiful rig! Very nice work.

I don't want to derail the amp thread, but may I ask what model Tele is pictured with it?

18. robrob

robrob Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

That is a work of art, congrats.

[​IMG]

19. vangoghsear

vangoghsear Tele-Meister

Thanks robrob. I agree that it's a work of art. The cabinet was designed by the amp builder's wife. I like the Art Deco look.

20. 6stringcowboy

6stringcowboy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

Li'l Dawg D-Lux, 1 x Weber 12F150-0 and 1 x Weber 12A125-0. Very warm, I run it with 6V6's but will run 6L6's with different rectifier. 6V6's let the abundance of complex harmonics shine through. Previous amp was a Mesa Maverick 1x12, which I never really bonded with. Nice enough amp, LOUD and HEAVY, but this D-Lux was the end of my tone chasing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.