Show Me Something You’ve Had Forever

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by WrayGun, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

6EAAAB08-339E-4E92-AC6C-923CEA5FE20F.jpeg

1971 Jeep CJ6

2. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow. That is a relatively rare Jeep in the states, and yours is in great shape too. Very nice.

3. peteb

peteb Friend of Leo's

This is my dresser since before I can remember

7E110B26-9B1A-4EE7-A4D7-F5671D60DD1A.jpeg

This is my great grand mother’s rocking chair.

F0A3F990-9577-413B-9DD0-2BD7E72E39C4.jpeg

We also have a violin made by my great grand father.

4. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I had this piggy bank as far back in my childhood as I can remember. It was stuck shut until just a few years ago, and now I keep my semiridiculous pick collection in it.

Picky Bank.jpg

5. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Holic

I've got the car that goes in, in excellent condition.

Bob

telemnemonics and Obsessed like this.
  6. rarebreed

rarebreed Tele-Holic

Of all the junk and stuff I've collected over the years, for me it has to be this guitar. My dad bought this for me when he came home from Viet Nam in 1967.

Attached Files:

• 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      212 KB
      Views:
  7. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

Great grandpa farm clock and an arrowhead I found as a kid.

8. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Forgot about my dog tags. I joined the USAF in 1981 and still have them hanging from the mirror in my car.

9. Telecastoff1

Telecastoff1 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I found this Wooly Mammoth tooth when I was 13 years old, while looking for agates. It's the oldest thing in our house....even older than me! Mammouth Tooth2.jpg Mammouth Tooth1.jpg

10. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Meister

I have a wooden ball handled scribe that was my grand fathers. When I was young my father told me someday this awl will be yours.

11. Sanity Inn

Sanity Inn Tele-Meister

I posted this in a similar thread last year. My baby wrist band and a gold ring. The "A" stands for baby one, as mom had two of us.

Attached Files:

telemnemonics likes this.
  12. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

For my first birthday my dad bought me a Johnson 3hp boat motor. I still have it. It still looks brand new and runs perfectly. Here's a picture of it in use just days after my birthday (1956). Note that back then, even for outdoor activities like fishing, the proper attire for little girls was dresses.

[​IMG]

13. Dave Hicks

Dave Hicks Tele-Afflicted

I've had a copy of this book for over 50 years:

[​IMG]

14. Ducerro

Ducerro Tele-Meister

My grandparents lived about 6 miles from where I now call home. When they first moved here in 1966 we lived on the other side of the US in Ohio, but every year the parents would load up the station wagon (seriously - we had a station wagon) and we'd drive down to visit. My dad and my mom's family loved deer hunting and pistol shooting and reloading and rifles and anything else that would go bang. So, of course, it rubbed off on me. At the age of 10 I wanted a pistol so bad I could taste it. Dad finally got tired of me constantly begging for one that he made me a deal - if I saved up 1/2 the price of the pistol he'd pay for the rest. I honestly think he figured that would be the end of it - that I'd never save up that much cash from my paper route. He was wrong. Had the cash in just over 6 weeks. You should have seen his face when I gave him the money - priceless. My grandfather worked in a propane store that just so happened to have a firearms license. So the call was made and my pistol was ordered - ready for me to pick up the next time we were in Yoakum. Still have that pistol today. Other than a silver dollar given to me at birth, it is the oldest thing I own and my most prized possession.

Rowdyman, aerhed and brookdalebill like this.
  15. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

Great thread.

16. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Mom and Dad were given an engraved (my name, birthdate, etc.) silver cup and spoon by his squadron the day I was born. It is packed away...but I still have it. I found some of my Boy Scout stuff the other day, a hat, some patches, etc...that would be from ~1969. Somewhere, I have a pile of Cox .049 model airplane engines. I was flying U-control models with them from the time I was 10.

Then there are the photographs. Boxes and boxes of them. I found one of my mother pregnant with me (she looks miserable)...and the follow up just a few days later after I was born.

I have much older stuff. Small collection of arrowheads and flint drills from the fields around our house, Civil War mini-ball, etc. I picked those up in my pre-teens.

brookdalebill likes this.
  17. PGolds1984

PGolds1984 TDPRI Member

Bones, where on the island was uyour grandfather's farm? I have a lot of the same kind of arrowheads from my grandparents farm in Deer Park.

18. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Do the
    Do the machine guns still pop out and the rear shield pop up?

telemnemonics likes this.
  19. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Holic

Here is a candlestick i made on a lathe at school when around 14 years of age.

IMG_0012.JPG

I have a different quad player now but i still have the odds and ends on top from the 80s.

IMG_0020.JPG

20. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

For some unknown reason, I started collecting (accumulating) "boxes" at a fairly young age. My Grandmother knew this, and one year for Christmas, she gave me this one. It had been given to her by my Grandfather many years before. It is a well crafted cedar "treasure chest", and (if you can read it) still has a Montgomery Ward hand-written price tag on bottom, for fifty-nine cents. I also have another old jewelry box (no pic) that had belonged to my other Grandmother. (who died when I was one year old).
    I don't know if my Grandson will even care about these things when I'm gone......:( 07 31 2019 120.JPG 07 31 2019 121.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.