shout out thank you to all the folks who advised Deoxit for my 60's AO thinline

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by darylcrisp, Sep 22, 2020.

1. darylcrisp

darylcrisp Tele-Meister

thumbnail_20200922_152741_resized.jpg I ordered the Deoxit late Friday eve thru stewmac and it arrived sunday-wow. prior to that I had tried isopropyl alcohol Saturday eve but it didn't help. later that night I played it again and it was actually worse, pickups cutting out, a lot of crackle and noise when using the vol or tone controls.

the other issues were not difficult fixes, were going to simply take a little time.

had the option to return for credit or exchange(sweetwater) with them also providing a return shipping label. as far as exchange, all the other thinlines in the model were quite a bit heavier(this one is 6 lb 14 oz, not a lightweight, but not a heavyweight either), and there was something about this tele. it just fit my hands and felt really right and the pickups sounded really good(when working correct). I decided to wait and try the Deoxit before returning.

The Deoxit fixed all the sound issues. Once I put everything back together, it sounded the way it should, not crackle, no cutting out, etc. I knew immediately it was a keeper and I thought immediately about the kind folks here who recommended advice. I've taken care of the rest of the small things and its just a swell tele.

thank you all again, this forum is just great, loaded with folks who know, and are willing to help us novice electric players.

this thread:
    https://www.tdpri.com/threads/am-or...rived-last-night-couple-small-issues.1049437/ View attachment 767351 thumbnail_20200922_152753_resized.jpg thumbnail_20200922_152721_resized.jpg

View attachment 767351

Deeve and modavis99 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.