1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Should I stop practicing and playing guitar?

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by crcic, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Downsman

Downsman Tele-Meister

Great to hear you're getting your enthusiasm back.

My only contribution, coming from a position of someone who has had a lifelong struggle with feeling "good enough", is to suggest you ask yourself two questions.

1: Where is my idea that I'm not "good enough" coming from?
    2: How will I know when I am "good enough"?

If you struggle to answer either of those questions you might want to consider doing what I did, and see a counsellor to talk about that. Made a huge positive difference to my life. And not just with my guitar playing :)

2. GFrank

GFrank Tele-Meister

Practicing and playing and feeling the joy of making music? Bah, who needs it? Forget about it. This is the time to start feverishly accumulating guitar-related gear. Yet hang out on internet guitar boards and talk about non-music related subjects, like "what's for dinner" or classic cars or space exploration.
    Or if you are the argumentative or passive aggressive type, wait like a spider to yell at other people about how they cannot hear the difference between ash and alder or capacitors or guitar cables, etc.
    Just because you can't play guitar and have little to no interest in music is no reason whatsoever to stop - there's a whole universe of guitar-related stuff to get into and obsess over.
    You are just getting started,

Tele907 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.