James Knox

Tele-Afflicted
Yes!

After using a couple Carbon Copy’s (for short and long settings) I just ordered one of the new EXH Nano Memory Mans from Sweetwater. I have owned In the past a “big box MM” and want to see how it compares.

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Only if you want to wait. :lol::lol::lol:

The current postage situation should satisfy your desire for a delay, whatever pedal you choose to get.

I had a Malekko Ekko 616, which I quite liked (before it was stolen :()

Wait for what exactly? I just got my Mag Echo delay pedal shipped from JAPAN in 7 days. Seven days from the time it shipped until it was in my hands.

And folks can't use the "ships backed up" excuse for everything. Not everything comes in on cargo ships. Like both of the pedals I ordered from Japan. Both were here within 9 days. First took 9, second took 7 days.

Last edited:

MrCairo46

Friend of Leo's
I have two
A Carbon Copy Deluxe and a Westminster Effects Chick-delay
The Chick is my go to. It’s a two stage analog delays each with their own delay and regen knobs. I love it

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Wait for what exactly? I just got my Mag Echo delay pedal shipped from JAPAN in 7 days. Seven days from the time it shipped until it was in my hands.

So you got your Mag Echo from Japan in 7 days. That means it wasn't much of a delay.

Maybe you should have shopped around for a greater delay.

(P.S. If you have to explain irony, it's no longer funny.)

nedorama

Tele-Holic
Started with an Ibanez AD9 Analog Delay I bought in 83. PCB cracked by the power input, and with it's age it's off my pedalboard and home duty only. When putting my pedalboard together I bought a Boss DD5, sold it for a DD6, and then sold that and got a TC Flashback delay, which spends all of its time on the Tape setting for a medium long delay - more atmospheric for volume swells, etc.

Then missed the slap of the AD9, so bought an AD9 Mini Delay - same sound, longer delay, and mine has a cool quirk where it will randomly change the delay time a few milliseconds which adds some interesting character...

All that said, I might sell both and get either a Strymon El Capistan with a favorite switch or the Source Audio Collider, which is a delay + reverb but can also be 2 delays (or 2 reverbs).

assquatch20

TDPRI Member
I think maybe the Carbon Copy. BBD modulation is hard to beat. I have the Deluxe version. Having tap tempo is nice. If you want some insane digital multi-delay, I'd recommend the Echosystem. I love mine. But it's still hard to beat analog modulation.