1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Short and Sweet

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by bigbreak, Apr 20, 2021.

1. bigbreak

bigbreak Tele-Meister

Short and Sweet by Floyd The Barber.

Mjark, decker, Mellencaster and 2 others like this.
  2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Hi stranger. Man, Floyd's rockin' it out! Who would've known he had it in him. Sounds like a backer opportunity?

3. bigbreak

bigbreak Tele-Meister

How do you suggest I turn this into a BT? This is an obscure David Gilmour tune from 1978. My favorite cut from his first solo album. Some people say this song is a precursor to Run Like Hell from The Wall album. Both in Drop D.

4. Alan L Cole

I hope you weren't offended by my request Russ. I heard possibilities while listening to your track. If you're open to it, just make the current track downloadable and see what happens. Otherwise, forget my suggestion. It's an honor and priveledge playing on your excellent tracks and I hope you keep them coming when possible...Alan

Edit,

Oh, and if I'm being stupid on licensing forgive me. I'm not familiar with the tune.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  5. bigbreak

bigbreak Tele-Meister

No offense taken at all. The song just doesn't lend itself to improvisation like a regular BT. You would have to be pretty precise. I just wonder how many guys would take a shot at it. I can strip it down. Tune to Drop D and mess around with the groove. If enough guys are interested I will do it.

6. decker

decker Tele-Afflicted

Great sound you got going there BB.

7. Alan L Cole

I'd take a shot at it as is, probably fall on my face but I'd give it a shot.

Edit:

Is that okay Russ? No need to do anything as I can record a live stream of the track. Feel free to tell me to go pound salt if I'm being a PITA.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.