Shopping carts:

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jul 23, 2019.

1. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

You want bacteria? Check out a restaurant. All the items that stay out on the table all day - salt and pepper shakers, condiments, menus, sugar packets - are teeming with all sorts of bacteria including e-coli. And of course the table and chairs.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

You don't even need the incline, as long as your legs are in good shape and you can still hold your body weight with your arms.
    I just get a good running start, pull myself up, and lean over the cart handle. It's fun. Like flying.

william tele and Toto'sDad like this.
  3. Moriarty

Moriarty Tele-Meister

...and the menu...

nojazzhere, Toto'sDad and Bassman8 like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If the purse isn't on their shoulder when the ladies are shopping its in the crap compartment!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

nojazzhere and Obsessed like this.
  5. Toto'sDad

You'd think so!

6. Toto'sDad

Tell it all berother, tell it all!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Are you implying you are one of the thinner more attactive types?

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

A whole lotta germaphobes around here. Mysophobia is something serious enough to seek therapy. I have been trying to get a good friend of mine to seek help for it. Just sayin'

You can do everything possible to keep things clean, but the average person doesn't even know how to handle raw chicken in their own kitchen. :cry:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

I read somewhere that your kitchen counter is more germ infested than your toilet seat. If that’s not true it makes for a good urban myth anyway...:p

10. rich815

rich815 Friend of Leo's

I think I heard that ironically you shouldn’t wash it...

11. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

My next job may be collecting shopping carts.

12. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

I never give it a second of thought....it is your shoelaces that are the real problem. (ask Paulie Walnuts)

Moriarty likes this.
  13. Toto'sDad

I've drank out of cow track where the water seeped underground downhill and came to the surface on Breckenridge Mountain out of necessity. However I'm not thrilled about having a bit of baby diaper show up from the shopping cart in my ham sandwich! Some of those kids I see riding in carts are old enough to have kids of their own, and who only knows where they've been! :eek::lol:

14. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Last year on a visit to my local bank there was a trail of poop nuggets on the carpet leading to the service counter. Maybe modern day businesses need to start offering adult sized carts with fold out poop throne's in all business premises seeing as traditional values and customs are being eroded to make way for "progress".

15. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

My youngest son has a weekend job at an unnamed UK supermarket, about 5 miles from where we live. He collects trolleys/carts from the surrounding car park, and takes them with little electric buggies back to the storefront. The things he has told me that people leave in trolleys, and not just litter, we are talking used dirty nappies (diapers), used tissues etc. My son is given polythene gloves, but that's beside the point, why leave disgusting stuff like that in shopping carts, when there are bins near by, is beyond me.

16. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Dwarves?

17. RottenTheCat

RottenTheCat Tele-Holic

Yes, always scout a cart with a full 1" tubular bottom frame, because they make the best ape hangers for your rat Harley.

Obsessed likes this.
  18. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Afflicted

I know... I caught my mother eating grapes directly from the package one day and asked her if she had washed them, she replied that they were organic and didn't need to be washed, I asked her what do you think they use for fertilizer at an organic farm...

19. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

See my reply to the guy found dead in a store.

The stores where I'm IT director are known for clean, local stuff, but I've done IT in and around finance and food for a long time now. It's all dirty no matter how hard you try starting with how much rodent poop is in those special oats at the hippie store or the mass market oats.

One of our challenges competing with Whole Foods and Wal-Mart at the same time is how much it costs to have clean food prep and stuff Toto's Dad will appreciate like how often our carts get blasted with a steam cleaner. To have good butchers with clean tear down, all good departments and people with reasonably functioning brains we have to do things like pay a living wage and offer benefits. Most customers hate that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.