Shipping Fine Guitars???

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flatfoot, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Flatfoot

Flatfoot Tele-Meister

My son is about to move from Missouri to L.A. and he needs to get a Gibson Hummingbird there safely. He really doesn't want to turn it over to the baggage handlers at the airline after hearing all the horror stories. What is the best approach for safely shipping a nice acoustic? I figure a bunch of you folks have been in a similar situation, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

3. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I have had really good luck with the US Postal Service, for something as nice as a Gibson Hummingbird, I would invest in a high quality case before shipping that doesn't allow the guitar to move at all.

4. imsilly

imsilly Friend of Leo's

The easiest option is to ring the airline and ask if you can bring it on as carry on and store it somewhere on board. I know they do this some of the time. I'd also like some piece of paper proving I had permission to do it as well just in case some useless little jobsworth at the gate had an issue.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.