Shin's Music Dumbloid

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by csapo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Just wanted to put a plug in for my new venture. For only 49.95 I can mod any pedal by squirting the circuitry with Premium SEBS Rubber Infused Black Goop. This Space Age material has the added advantage of keeping the rain out of your pedal and is guaranteed to stay flexible at all stage temperatures and tempos. Coming soon I will be offering a variety of exotic pedal covers too, including Shower Curtain, Linoleum Floor, and Dum Dum Wrapper. Please don't e-mail me with pricing questions, if you have to ask...well you know the rest. :twisted:$$$:twisted: Happy Tone Hunting, Rod

2. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

^ Can I pay full price now to get on your waiting list?

3. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Unfortunately, no. Rod has to ask you. By asking you are now banned. But you still owe him the $$.

4. artdecade

I'll never be cool now...

5. RetroTeleRod

BUYER BEWARE ! It appears within moments of my post that certain interests in the far flung Orient have begun counterfeiting my B.G. (Black Goop). Just wanted to warn all my loyal customer(s) (artdecade, props to you Bro!) to beware of knock offs of RetroTeleRod's original Made in the U.S. of A. Black Goop (B.G.) I have the last remaining case of 12 of the Vintage Roofing T...I mean Black Goop. Only I can set you up with the real deal proper Lot Number BGC4558 utilizing the old school Tar Bucket Brigade technology for optimum opaqueness! I am also applying all my B.G. one at a time, by hand in the style taught me by Big Al himself. (of Big Al's Triple A plumbing, who reportedly fixed a toilet for a certain James Marshall Hendrix, back in the day) Thanking you in advance! Rod.

6. RetroTeleRod

By the way, MiwMark is my legal representative in the ongoing dispute. (At least he will be as soon as he passes the Bar) So counterfeiters consider yourself warned! :lol:

7. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

You joke (and I appreciate it), but some goopers have claimed that they use the stuff as insulation, for shock resistance, for waterproofing, or even super hocus pocus stuff like "it eliminates the possibility of microphonics" or other mumbo jumbo.

Now - in a jet fighter, or some mechanism that is typically in an environment of 170°+, or is regularly subjected to partial or complete immersion in water - the goop makes sense. Note that in these instances, it is typically done with "pressurized potting epoxy," or something similar. It is NOT someone pouring some Permatex stuff or some boat hull resin on top of a bunch of components.

...Even Boss has shown that components don't need to be drowned in glop to "immobilize them to the board in a sturdy fashion." They just use that gorrilla snot stuff drizzled around SOME parts that might get knocked around.

Long story short - I always love the justification for goop. I wish they would just come clean and say that it's their only option to "protect what cannot be protected." :rolleyes:

8. artdecade

Throwing Down...

[​IMG]

9. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

A) The Dumble uses blue goop. Does that cost extra? (Of course it does! I'm a moron for even asking!)

B) Or, is the real Dumble magic in the blueness of the blue goop? Can the Dumbloid even dare to match the mystical bloom of the Dumble using black goop? No, I say! Blue goop or go home!

C) Clearly, Rod is trying to rip us all off by pushing his black goop. Real Dumble magic can only be achieved using blue goop. Therefore, Rod MUST be in cahoots with the makers of the Dumbloid, pushing his phony black goop agenda!!!!!

D) Now, as to the blue goop -- I might just have stash left over from when I bought that collection of WWII Russian rifles coated in mystical blue cosmoline. This is the only real, legitimate blue goop. It is so rare that even high end military arms museums and Ukrainian arms repositories have only heard of it, but never actually seen it. It is mined in a single, very particular place in eastern Ossetia before being transported via secret railway to Oblensk for processing and finally being delivered to Ishevsk Arsenal in Siberia.

Since the demise of the KGB, I have been able to secure all the remaining stockpiles, but it is a very, very small amount. I can be persuaded to part with it, but only in very small amounts and for the right price. Before you even ask, yes, it is far more expensive per ounce than gold. (But then, gold doesn't cause your notes to "bloom," now, does it?)

It's seriously worth the price. Feel free to PM me for details and payment instructions!

E) If "freakazoid" = "freak" + -zoid, then doesn't "Dumbloid" = "dumb" + -oid? Or, even more likely, maybe "Dumbloid" is "dumb" + (mental) void?

Rod, well done -- I haven't laughed this much all week!

10. soulgeezer

I know that kid -- He plays for the Flyers now!

11. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Carlos is not taking this well. He's crying. Just look at poor Carlos.....:eek:

[​IMG]

12. artdecade

Downie? :lol:

13. RetroTeleRod

That's it soulgeezer! NO GOOP FOR YOU !!! :lol::lol::lol: By the way I've sent out a cease and desist order against some of the aforementioned Chinese counterfeiters who are now mixing original Black Goop with White Silicone Caulk in order to circumvent my patents. Even though my lawyer has advised me that this is somewhat of a grey area...:mad:

14. soulgeezer

:eek: :oops: :rolleyes: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

15. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah, but that guy can't ever get any sustain, so what does he know?

16. RetroTeleRod

High five, soulgeezer !

17. soulgeezer

Thought I was going to leave you hangin'?...

Right back at ya!

18. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Tele-Afflicted

I have a question, what's the difference between goop and poop, and if you use poop instead of goop, does your goop still poop, or do you have to de-poop the goop before pooping?

DW

19. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

Well if they covered the circuit in s++t it'd probably deter a few cloners/de-goopers.... Some may still persevere. Bring out the gloves and dental mask! :D

20. JHVH!

JHVH! Banned

Carlos is crying because:

a) Shoe sales are down
    b) His career is suing for defamation of character.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.