Shingrix round two!

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I have known too many people with shingles to NOT get it. My side-effects weren't too bad. Mostly a sore arm.
It is a painful injection. No flu symptoms for me either, just 2 days of a sore arm. but that is nothing compared to the damage that shingles can cause. All of you old farts need to get it if you possibly can.

That Cal Webway

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
My brother and his wife both had similar after effects on their second shot.
Pretty sick for a day or two.

fjblair

Tele-Afflicted
Other than a sore arm I didn't have any side effects either. Same with every other vaccine I have taken, I never get any side effects that I can attribute with any certainty to the vaccine.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I was good to go on all except bruise. My wife not so much.
Glad I did. You do not want shingles !!

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
I’ve been putting this off for about 5 years. First it was that the vaccine was in short supply, then the pandemic hit, now you guys are scaring me with reactions. But I’m one of those who never has any reaction to any shots - so I hope I’m good because this thread reminds me it’s about time I got this done.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I had my second round of Shingrix yesterday.

The pharmacist said "Remember the injection site soreness, the flu like symptoms and the fatigue from round one?"

Double it!

He was right!

Less than 24 hours later, I'm literally on the floor!
I had a flu shot, the first Shingrix shot, and a pneumonia shot all at the same time. I probably won't do that again. Going back and getting the second one was easy peasy compared to my first trip! ;)

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Why the Shingles shot? It wasn't that prevalent before - now it seems the big push to get all the older people vaccinated - I wonder why now - like what's coming down?
It’s a relatively new vaccine. Approved in 2017. Maybe doctors just took a while to get used to recommending it.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I had my second round of Shingrix yesterday.

The pharmacist said "Remember the injection site soreness, the flu like symptoms and the fatigue from round one?"

Double it!

He was right!

Less than 24 hours later, I'm literally on the floor!
It’s a relatively new vaccine. Approved in 2017. Maybe doctors just took a while to get used to recommending it.
Like JDB2 said.....there WAS no vaccine until recently, so there was no point in scaring people about Shingles.
Lucky, I guess, but I don't remember much reaction to either of my Shingrix shots.
The most recent booster to that "other" thing, though, knocked me down hard for about six hours......then everything was fine. Wondering if my doctor is going to recommend a second booster?