Sheher Guitars

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Stewie 53, May 29, 2013.

1. Stewie 53

Stewie 53 TDPRI Member

I just took delivery of a new Custom guitar by Davor Lucic in Australia. Davor makes custom guitars and If you want a nice guitar that you can mod with your your preferred pickups and pots, then this is the one. Actually I like the standard electronics, it's a great guitar. You won't believe the price! :D

Attached Files:

2. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Looks nice,how much does it cost.
    Have a good time with your new guitar,enjoy.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Purdy!

4. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Ooh, lovely. I never used to like red guitars - but I might change my mind now.

5. Vladimir

Vladimir Friend of Leo's

Hey, sounds like a compatriot judging by the name.

Is it a true semi-hollow?

6. Stewie 53

Stewie 53 TDPRI Member

Hi Vladimir
    I believe Davor comes originally from Sarajevo.

The guitar I believe is what we would now call "chambered". But it has a nice "woody" sound.
    The cost, for those interested, was $349 Australian. :rolleyes:

7. Twangalang

Twangalang Tele-Meister

That's low Stewie, how come?

8. backsideslappy

backsideslappy Tele-Afflicted

All of the Sheher's are that much on the 'bay. I've come across them a number of times during my late night trawling of ebay. Stewie I'd be really interested in how it plays - I'd assumed that they were just cheap garbage on the basis of the price, but if they are decent, then I might look into one.

9. Stewie 53

Stewie 53 TDPRI Member

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw them on eBay. But I decided at that price I couldn't lose too much. When the guitar arrived, it came with a certificate of authenticity, spec sheet , where and when made. Very professional. I had to set the guitar up to my spec, I changed the strings to my preferred Fender super bullets (9-42s), adjusted the neck relief, string height, intonation. It now sounds and plays really well. It looks great and the finish and the way the neck fits in the pocket is spot on. I would say I'll be changing the pickups in a few months when the guitar is played in, but Davor does say he puts in budget pickups to keep the cost down, because most of us upgrade pickups etc whether it's a Fender or something cheaper. All in all I'd say it's worth the price...so much so I'm buying another with humbuckers.

10. Stewie 53

Stewie 53 TDPRI Member

I don't know how he makes them for that price mate. But I've played Fenders that didn't feel as good!

11. Stewie 53

Stewie 53 TDPRI Member

Let me just say that Davor makes these guitars in his spare time. He's not a professional luthier, but he puts a lot of time and effort into producing a nice guitar at a nice price. It's basically a labour of love. Are they as good as a factory Fender......probably not, but then it's only a third of the cost. My Fender Telecasters sound better but if I upgrade the pickups and pots, it would be comparable!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.