She may be ugly but she's mine

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Made this axe out of stuff in my garage. The body is two sheets of plywood glued together. My future son in law cut them out. I did the routing. The neck and hardware are left over from a kit. The pick up is a Mighty Mite hot rails that kicks arse. It's comfortable to hold and play, and has a good tone. Maybe I will record something with just this guitar...coming soon

View attachment 935605 View attachment 935606 View attachment 935607 View attachment 935610 View attachment 935611

Who said she was Ugly?

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Holic
Made this axe out of stuff in my garage. The body is two sheets of plywood glued together. My future son in law cut them out. I did the routing. The neck and hardware are left over from a kit. The pick up is a Mighty Mite hot rails that kicks arse. It's comfortable to hold and play, and has a good tone. Maybe I will record something with just this guitar...coming soon

View attachment 935605 View attachment 935606 View attachment 935607 View attachment 935610 View attachment 935611
I like it.
There's an abstract vibe going on, a bit like Airline guitars.
The Jean Reno of guitars: no oil painting but a look that's full of character.

Maguchi

Friend of Leo's
Looks great, nice job.

Just curious, why only a neck pickup?

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Looks great, nice job.

Just curious, why only a neck pickup?
I wanted simple...the pup is an awesome neck pup. It's creamy, articulate and well balanced...I can run it through an eq pedal for lots of shape shifting

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Total beauty and creative as heck! Love the idea of the sole neck pickup. How does she sound and play? I think I have an accordian case it would fit in, LOL
It is very comfortable to play. By design it sits in my lap perfectly, especially if the chair has arms on it. The pup sounds very good: creamy, articulate and well balanced..works great as a shape shifter via EQ pedal

rz350

Friend of Leo's
Cool! Reminds me of a Vox that ran into an Ibanez.

hvw8anwdg9f9zrcmz9hj.jpeg
Paul-Gilbert-Header-03_mobile.jpg