She may be a canine, but she’s also a ham…

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
@sax4blues recently posted a thread about the loss of his canine friend Archie. Sad news that a lot of us here relate to all too well. @haggardfan1 spoke of such threads eliciting feelings of dread of the loss of our furry friends, in his case, Flash and Ava. I felt that too, especially on the heels of our dog Bella getting pretty sick and then going on a hunger strike for three days, which I posted about here in BDC.

All of this made me think I should post a follow up to that thread and report about how Bella’s doing. And I’m glad to report that she is back to normal. She’s eating well, healthy and happy. At the moment she’s barking/baying her head off at something outside, most likely a squirrel.

Also, sax4blues referred to Archie as being his “photo model.” And again, I relate. Bella is a pretty girl, and very photogenic. For those not familiar with my other posts about her, she is what I call a Bocker Speagle, that is, a Beagle (her father) and Cocker Spaniel (her mother) mix. And that girl knows what a camera is. In her five years and eight months of life, my wife’s probably taken a million pictures of her.

So I asked Mrs. Berean to take some pics of Bella and send them to me. That puppy can sure strike a pose. And in these pics one can see her parentage. She definitely looks like a Beagle, but from certain angles you can see the Cocker Spaniel in her, especially around the jowls. And as you can see in the photo montage below, she can go from pretty pose to playful puppy in the blink of an eye.

1655395991458.png

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
Ava does look quite chipper. And Flash is doing in that pic what Bella does with our couch.

Bella has basically commandeered the couch for her own purposes. Oh, she'll gladly share it when people come for a visit, but my wife and have our recliners, Bella has her couch. And we don't have people over that much, and one by one our closest friends have moved out of town over the years, so it's pretty much Bella's couch.

1655744525037.png

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Shame on you, Larry! Talking about your wife that w... Oh, wait a minute, you're talking about the beautiful Bella. What a purty pup!

Linderflomann

Tele-Meister
Thank you so much for mentioning us. I am elated that Bella is back up to speed!
In spite of undergoing heartworm treatment, Ava seems pretty chipper. Notice her grin as Flash enjoys our new futon in the background lol.

I still feel for every single forum member who loses a pet.

View attachment 994837
Ha, I know that ball. Does every dog owner have one of those?

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Our foster... then adopted girl Gracie had trouble with a spaying. When we got her she was supposedly spayed. NOPE. So we had her spayed. Ended up with a hernia at the suture sight as the interior membrane came apart.
So we finally had that repaired about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, when they got in there the intestine had grown onto some of the membrane etc and part of it was dying. It turned into a big deal. They had to cut out part of the intestine and put it back together. It was iffy if she would heal properly. Today 2 weeks later it seems she's going to make it and is doing great! 🤞
IMG_1993.jpg

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
Ha, I know that ball. Does every dog owner have one of those?

Not to steal Larry and Bella's great thread....

But that ball is, so far, indestructible. They got it for Christmas. My pack can skin a regular tennis ball (or puncture it) in just a few minutes.

We shop in the "aggressive chewer" aisle!