Share Your ES335

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
My '70 ES-335 TDC. A gift from my MIL, as it belonged to her late husband. Needs a refret. The T-top pickups are sweet and defined, but get some growl to them when I hit the strings. I haven't given it enough playing time to fully understand it.

Ok, now that I'm to this point in the post I again realize that the site upgrade REMOVED THE ABILITY TO ATTACH FILES FROM STORED MEDIA ALBUMS. You'll just need to imagine this guitar.

Lucius Paisley

Tele-Afflicted
Mine may not be super expensive, but I get to do cool things without worrying about "destroying the value" or "losing the house to creditors".

1642632835338.png

pashkop

TDPRI Member
1995 Gibson Es-335 that I affectionately refer to as “Dot” or “Dottie.” She was my first electric and I think she looks amazing with leather.

The bigsby was added because I couldn’t bear the thought of a stop bar and I had massive interest in the Moody Blues as a kid.
View attachment 941892
just out of curiosity, what was the cost of getting the bigsby added?

Rockinvet

Friend of Leo's
Mine belonged to a friend of mine who lost a fight with cancer and covid...we had played together for a few decades. Sometime after his passing the family gifted me his 335. It was made in Memphis and i remember how excited he was to get it. I'm honored to have it. Love to hear about your 335 and see one of your favorite pics of it!

i9zStNml.jpg
Toured the Memphis factory before they shut it down. Quite impressive.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
Toured the Memphis factory before they shut it down. Quite impressive.

I got to do that, too, and it’s part of the reason I wanted to get a 335. Seeing the various parts in different stages of assembly was fascinating. When I traded my old LP for a 335, the fact that the 335 was made in that facility was a nice bonus.