1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

SH Telecater wiring

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by GuitarAng3l, Feb 4, 2019.

1. GuitarAng3l

GuitarAng3l TDPRI Member

Hello guys,
    I have a question about the wiring for a single coil in the Bridge and a Humbucker in the Neck.

Do you use 250 or 500k?
    Do you use resistors?

Greetings´

2. mistermikev

mistermikev Tele-Afflicted

in theory you could wire it up with a 500k and use the 2nd half of the lever switch to put a 500k resistor across lugs 2/3 of the vol pot when in position 1... but honestly I wouldn't bother. the difference is pretty small and could even be a positive depending on the pickup(s). Personally I would use a 500k and put a 500k variable resistor across lugs 2/3 and dial it in to where I get a happy medium between the two pickups. I'm sure there will be all sorts of opinions forthcoming.

3. metale

metale Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I would depend if either or both the pickups were particulary bright (250K) or dark (500K).

4. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

It depends on the pickups in question surely, you checked with the manufacturer?

5. voskarp

voskarp Tele-Holic

I use a 500k volume pot and only the single coil bridge goes to the tone pot (250k).

metale likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.