1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

SF Super reverb shines in concert !

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Baard, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Baard

Baard Tele-Holic

I just played a special gig this weekend. We played a sports hall with 700 people in. We were doing lounge music for 3 hours non stop, and 2x45 minutes of dance friendly country music. My super reverb was sounding great at all levels, and while doing the laidback lounge thing on a big 10x5 yard s´tage i really got a good chance to listen to it. It´s a super nice sounding amp, in all 3 PUP positions. Is has a transparent sound my HRD did not posess. Also, it seems to me that the tone controls are much more "effective" than on the HRD. That amp would have basically the same sound no matter how you dialed it in. On The SR I have to dial it in pretty accurate. My sweetest setting is 5 on the gain bright switch on and 3 on treble, 5 on mid and 3 on the bass. Master is on 8-full open. I use a volume pedal, and in lower volumes i get a shimmering full sound, with plenty of pop and sparkle. When flooring the volume, I get a little more edge, but still a clean sound. I use a mashall comp that is on all the time. For dirty sounds I use a Tube screamer, vith a bit of drive(3 o clock, and tone +volume at 12.) I cant help thinking how good it sounds while playing. Everythig else I´ve played,(or heard) just dont sound as good. It has taken me a tube change, and a couple of months to getting to know the amp under different conditions, but I must agree with our bassist, when he said, that it would be the last amp I needed to buy.
    The gig went well, actually we drew just as much(and almost embarrasing even more at points) peolpe to the dance and applause, as the main name of the evening. We were doing so well that they even had to do a additional soundcheck :rolleyes: on the drums in our 1st dance set. We actually had to tell their soundpeople to shut the f'xxx up, from the stage. Luckily they did. It turned out just as many people were there to hear us as the main name. We´ll be playing there again next year, and there is a good chance that we´ll be the main name then....

Baard

2. Mik

Mik Tele-Afflicted

I'm not surprised

Like I've said, since I got my '66 Super Reverb sorted out I see why Baard's SF SR is working out so well for him, BF/SR differences aside.

Mik

3. genelovesjez

genelovesjez Friend of Leo's

Gain? Master? My '74 SFSR doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.

4. Baard

Baard Tele-Holic

On the tremolo and reverb channel

My amp is from 76, it´s a 45 watter, with master volume.so it has volume for the input and the output.

I like the fact that is has one. Makes it easier to control....no big deal.I like to call pre amp volume for gain.....

Baard

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Super Reverbs are sweet amps. They have their reputation for good reason. One of the best tones I've ever had was with a P-90 equiped Les Paul and a SFSR turned up to about 7 or 8 playing a street dance. Kind of wish I still had my '66, but you can't keep 'em all.

6. Mik

Mik Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah-SR and GIBSON-unapologetically speaking...heh heh heh,
    Mik

7. genelovesjez

genelovesjez Friend of Leo's

I meant the above quip to be irreverent, but now that I read it, it just looks obnoxious. Super Reverbs are great amps, master volume or not. I'm glad to hear yours is serving you well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.