seymour duncan removal?

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
I owned a pickup with the letters blacked out with a sharpie and that seemed to do a pretty good job of obscuring it.

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
Toothpaste is interesting. Have used abrasive whitening toothpaste for polishing other stuff in the past. Interested to hear if it works. I never liked when pickups scream the SD name.

Might also try T-cut.

bobio

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I would worry about leaving marring or staining behind that is more obtrusive than the logo.
My go to pickups outside of Fender is Seymour Duncan. I am in the "I don't mind the logo" camp.
To me, it seems barely noticeable 🤷‍♂️ These are Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups.

20220702_012519738_iOS.jpg 20221121_204141853_iOS.jpg

LowCaster

Tele-Afflicted
I removed it from a Strat pickup cover once. Unfortunately I don’t remember how. What I know is how I’d proceed: naphta is not very efficient, try it first, then alcohol (90% pure). Then you scale up to acetone or lacquer thinner, or nail polish remover, but be carefull and try it on a hidden spot because those might melt the plastic (particularly acetone).

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
I would worry about leaving marring or staining behind that is more obtrusive than the logo.
My go to pickups outside of Fender is Seymour Duncan. I am in the "I don't mind the logo" camp.
To me, it seems barely noticeable 🤷‍♂️ These are Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro pickups.

View attachment 1053491 View attachment 1053486
Well damn, dude. When a tele looks that good, I wouldn’t mind the logo was on there, either. You’re making my dirty tele look like the dog it is!