Sewer Divers

jackinjax

Friend of Leo's
Further proof they've run out of even the most remote idea of what makes interesting, entertaining, or educational programming.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
We saw that show via our few days ago hotel stay - we don't have conventional TV at home.

It caught my interest because a best friend works in a big sewer district. He's made me aware of all sorts of interesting stuff because his team does management, monitoring and mapping of the network of sewers.

Knowledge from my pal working where he does and all these weather emergencies have me suggesting all of you want to make sure your own municipalities manage this stuff well!

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
Sewer Divers
Swamp People
Pimple Poppers

I think we've run out of ideas for shows worth watching. What's next? Turd Eaters?

• Haha
Reactions: BB

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
Yep, the Discovery Channel has a new show called Sewer Divers. It's all about working on sewers. I thought I had seen the worst of cable TV when I saw a show called Dr. Pimple Popper, but no, I had not.
If they didn't do a reworking of Dio's "Holy Diver" for the theme song, that's just a wasted opportunity.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'd have to actually see it before I would set it beyond the pimple popping

and I'm NOT gonna actually see it, so I guess I have to suspend judgment
I thought you were trying to cut back on eating. Simple plan, dvr the pimple popping show, and the sewer show, when you feel like eating that whole pile of apple strudel just watch one or both of those shows until your appetite fails.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
The toilet paper companies made so much money in 2020 they bought their own TV show? :)
I don't think the crisis is over, that's why the insider of my house is protected by a wall of giant toilet paper packages. Paranoia takes time to develop, when I first started stock piling toilet paper, my wife thought I was silly. Now, when we go to Costco, she says, let's get another bundle of toilet paper, I'll find SOMEWHERE to put it!

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I don't think the crisis is over, that's why the insider of my house is protected by a wall of giant toilet paper packages. Paranoia takes time to develop, when I first started stock piling toilet paper, my wife thought I was silly. Now, when we go to Costco, she says, let's get another bundle of toilet paper, I'll find SOMEWHERE to put it!
OK, my question is, with all that extra TP, where are you gonna put the eggs that I'm sure you're now also hoarding?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
OK, my question is, with all that extra TP, where are you gonna put the eggs that I'm sure you're now also hoarding?
Silly boy, isn't it obvious? I store them among the toilet paper rolls, it's so warm and cuddly in there, that now I'm raising baby chickens! By summer, I'll be barbecuing every night!

Knows3Chords

Friend of Leo's
At first I thought it was going to be show about people who find "treasure" in the deeps of the sewer. I remember a show about how people bought up abandoned storage units and found all kinds of "valuable" stuff. I just had a vision of some dude in a scuba suit popping out of a sewer cover yelling "Look! I found a Faberge Egg!". How would you like to be the producer of that show who had to "plant" that for the shot. :)

mexicanyella

Poster Extraordinaire
Sewer Diver
You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh, what's becoming of me?
Ride the tiger
You can see his stripes, but you know he's clean
Oh, don't you see what I mean?
I think you are talking about “SEW-AH DIYYYY-VAH!

I used to work with a kid who had worked a summer with the a Columbia, MO sewer district. He told this story about this one troublesome manhole under a four-way intersection where they were always clearing clogs, and how as the new guy he always had to go down in the hole while the old timers sat around the edge, looking down in at him while eating their sandwiches and offering advice and suggestions with crumbs falling out of their mouths. Being Missouri in the summer, it was already hot and humid, so...yuck

Anyway he said one time just as he was waist deep in this thing, thinking “how can those guys sit up there eating with this SMELL?” He realized that one of his feet was wet. The toe of one of his chest waders had sprung a leak and his boot was filling up with raw sewage. And it was still morning, with a long day ahead.

radtz

Friend of Leo's
The shark jumping show for me was a couple of years ago with the one where these 2 idiots had different insects/arachnids/snakes and such bite/sting them to see if they could take the pain. I just googled it: "Kings of Pain" . I can't imagine anything more stupid to watch.