Settlings on a 5E3 for harmonica...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Jared Purdy, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Jared Purdy

Jared Purdy Friend of Leo's

Greetings,

It's been a long time since I busted out my harps, the instrument that I first learned when I was about thirteen. Played them for decades, in various bands, mostly blues. I always left it to the PA and the sound person to set things, and it worked.

Things have changed a lot. A number of years ago, I decided after being a very casual guitar player for decades, also, to make the guitar my main focus, and it has been that way for over ten years. In that time, I have played around with a lot of amps. Most of them, with the right settings, would give that nice gritty, overdriven blues sound should one choose to blast a harp through them. I think the only two I tried that with was a Swart AST MkII Master 112 combo and a Lonestar Special.

Moving on, I've had a bit of an inspiration to check out my Fender 57' Custom Deluxe with the harp. For those harp players here at TDPRI, do you jump the inputs the same way as one would with a guitar to get that tube saturated overdrive, or something else? Just curious.

2. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

3. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not sure, but cranked bass and a cheap ratty speaker for that megaphone honk! One thing I've thought of trying is a volume pedal: amp cranked, pedal down low ish...
    Mostly conjecture!

4. Bendyha

Bendyha Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Depends on what your microphone is.
    Normaly I would choose to have as high an impedance on the amps input as posible, so no jumping the inputs, and plugging in to get the 1M to ground rather than the 68K.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.