Seriously? This has to be a joke

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
View attachment 1034130

It’s listed at sweetwater as an ash body but clearly you can see it’s the cheapest knotted up piece of pine they could possibly find. Looks like the body was sourced from Home Depot and they want $5400 for that? It’s like someone in the custom shop made a bet with his buddies to see if they could sell a $20 piece of pine for over $5K.

More info here: www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleLCuRAN--fender-custom-shop-limited-edition-cunife-telecaster-custom-relic-aged-natural

Its an ash body and pine top.

Did you just buy your first guitar yesterday, by chance? I wouldn't expect someone as new as you to understand that, yet.

Especially since it's right in THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GUITAR.

You're just looking for crap to boohoo about huh?

#CalmDownItsNotYourGuitar

Wound_Up

Tele-Afflicted
I think it's all pine and I don't see anything that's book-matched. More likely the copy got mixed up with the specs/description of the 2 pickup Thinline version of the same thing:

Read the description. It clearly says

ASH BODY WITH A PINE TOP

guitfiddles

Tele-Meister
I’ve been playing guitar for 35 years dick head. And sweetwater botched the specs. Anyone can clearly see it’s not an ash body with a knotted pine top. I suppose since you’re so smart you couldn’t figure that one out. *****.

Its an ash body and pine top.

Did you just buy your first guitar yesterday, by chance? I wouldn't expect someone as new as you to understand that, yet.

Especially since it's right in THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GUITAR.

You're just looking for crap to boohoo about huh?

#CalmDownItsNotYourGuitar

Last edited:

guitfiddles

Tele-Meister
Sweetwater got the specs wrong. Anyone can see it’s not an ash body with a pine top.

All you have to do is read the specs to see it is a Pine Topped Ash Body. Apparently the OP isn't much on reading..

BelairPlayer

Tele-Afflicted
I guess I’m weird. I like it quite a bit. If I was the sort of fella that had that kind of cash laying about, I’d be the sort of fella to pick one of those up.

sloppychops

Friend of Leo's
I don't get the whole knotty pine aesthetic. Reminds of that pine wall paneling you see lining the walls of some 1940s or 50s basements. I like straight grain pine without knots all over the place.

55TeleRat

TDPRI Member
All you need to do is LOOK at it and if you know ANYTHING about wood you could tell!!

naneek

Tele-Holic
We had boring white but all our neighbors and relations were about evenly split between "avocado" and "gold" appliances.
In high school I nearly bought a used late 60s Ford Mustang with gloss avocado paint, and metallic avocado vinyl interior.

My parents vetoed it strictly because of the color haha.

KCJonez

Tele-Holic
I'm not getting what is the big deal. Might not love the knots look but it clearly says pinetopped ash body and that's the look they're going for. I bet it's a great playing guitar.