Seriously? This has to be a joke

derekwarner

Tele-Meister
The back of the arm looks like it has been worn out but a 5400 year old thunb

.....[or an orbital sander done & dusted in 3 minutes]

coolrene

Tele-Meister
Pine… hmm… maybe it’s Masterbuilt by Santa Claus in person…?
1664543517450.png

mmannaxx

Tele-Meister
Personally I don’t mind the pine so much as I do the dark fretboard. Prefer maple on that body. Darker or tinted maple.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
I don't get all the hate on this. It's not my thing but a lot of people around this forum build and fawn over guitars made of pine. I think the big issue is how Sweetwater got so much of this wrong. The back is clearly ash with a pine top. And it's a lot better than the one I saw recently that had actual duct tap on the back. Not kidding. 3 giant strips of duct tape.

When you buy one of these guitars you're not paying for what it's made of. You're paying Fender a premium because they're paying (hopefully) a premium to their custom shop employees and master builders and they have to mark that up and make a profit on it.

mike_levitt

Tele-Meister
I think it's all pine and I don't see anything that's book-matched. More likely the copy got mixed up with the specs/description of the 2 pickup Thinline version of the same thing:

I played one of these at my local shop when they first arrived. It was a fantastic guitar and lasted about 3 days on the wall.

cap47

Tele-Holic
View attachment 1034130

It’s listed at sweetwater as an ash body but clearly you can see it’s the cheapest knotted up piece of pine they could possibly find. Looks like the body was sourced from Home Depot and they want $5400 for that? It’s like someone in the custom shop made a bet with his buddies to see if they could sell a $20 piece of pine for over $5K.

More info here: www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleLCuRAN--fender-custom-shop-limited-edition-cunife-telecaster-custom-relic-aged-natural
I want that! Worth much more! The character in that wood is unbeatable!

mjr428

Tele-Holic
Book matched knots is not a good look in my opinion... but whatever. They're probably just looking to do something different...

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
All trees have branches (obviously) and if you saw the wood in JUST THE RIGHT SPOT you can get grain on one side and knots on the other. If you look at the grain it's a lot denser on the back than the front, because this plank was cut so close to the outside of the tree.

Looks weird.

Interesting about the magnets, not sure I'd plunk down that kinda money unless I had a few million in my saving$ account. Which I don't.