Seriously? This has to be a joke

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
Yeah, the description is just wrong on the body. (Whether it is worth any given price is another question.)

Screenshot_20220928-132940_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220928-132751_Chrome.jpg

LowCaster

Tele-Afflicted
I think it's all pine and I don't see anything that's book-matched. More likely the copy got mixed up with the specs/description of the 2 pickup Thinline version of the same thing:

Sure they mixed something in the description. Despite the fact that one looks like the knotty pine floor from my bedroom and the other like a nice swamp ash body, I won’t argue about wood species based on pics, but please look again. The top and back have different grain and figure, they don’t look like they are from the same piece of wood. And the top is obviously bookmatched: I don’t know any other way to have the symmetrical knots and figures on the left and right side other than cutting a piece of wood (with knots) in half and opening it like a book.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Sure they mixed something in the description. Despite the fact that one looks like the knotty pine floor from my bedroom and the other like a nice swamp ash body, I won’t argue about wood species based on pics, but please look again. The top and back have different grain and figure, they don’t look like they are from the same piece of wood. And the top is obviously bookmatched: I don’t know any other way to have the symmetrical knots and figures on the left and right side other than cutting a piece of wood (with knots) in half and opening it like a book.
OK, I guess the top can be considered book matched, I'm just used to maple top book matching that's a little more symmetric but wood isn't perfect. I see the different grains, front and back and you're likely correct that it's a separate top from the back. I'll let someone with more experience decide on the species but based on other Fender pine guitars I've seen I'm guessing maybe just 2 different pieces of pine.

Last edited: