Seriously? This has to be a joke

guitfiddles

Tele-Meister
9C040D75-4B63-4342-837E-9813B5A48F6C.jpeg

It’s listed at sweetwater as an ash body but clearly you can see it’s the cheapest knotted up piece of pine they could possibly find. Looks like the body was sourced from Home Depot and they want $5400 for that? It’s like someone in the custom shop made a bet with his buddies to see if they could sell a $20 piece of pine for over $5K.

More info here: www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleLCuRAN--fender-custom-shop-limited-edition-cunife-telecaster-custom-relic-aged-natural

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
While I agree that I couldn't see spending that kind of money on it I don't think its as outrageous as it may initially appear to be. Pine, with or without knots, cracks, etc. is a very popular body wood used by many makers. We're seeing it more the last few years with the scarcity and high cost of swamp ash. Fender's current Custom Shop "basic" blackguard Teles are now north of $4000. Throw in the CuNiFe pickup, the bigsby and the fancy binding and you're at $5400.

McGoldTopp

Tele-Meister
Mine is naughty pine…. only $4,900…

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

VillainSean

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter

LowCaster

Tele-Afflicted
In case anyone wants to read the specs, and then complain more about it ;)
And then we wonder why no one hangs out here much anymore...

After looking at the pictures I believe that the body (back) may be swamp ash with a bookmatched knotty pine top.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
After looking at the pictures I believe that the body (back) may be swamp ash with a bookmatched knotty pine top.
I think it's all pine and I don't see anything that's book-matched. More likely the copy got mixed up with the specs/description of the 2 pickup Thinline version of the same thing: