Sending it back - A rare moment in GAS consciousness.

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
So, I recently bought a Suhr Classic S model (Strat) in Surf Green, white guard, maple neck. I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember.
The guitar is great! But I waited too long...

I have been trying to play it in a band situation since it arrived, and I have come to the harsh reality that, "I'm done as a player." This hurts.

At 64 years old, I have no one to play with. I have been in good bands most of my gigging years, and now feel pathetic when I go to an open mic only to sit and wait 2 hours to play two songs and go home.

My new guitar will never get any playing action and will just sit there, with my 24 other guitars that never get played any more.

I'm sending it back.

68tele

Friend of Leo's
What happened to the other players in those bands, surely some still play?

Maybe find a church gig - I am currently doing that and working with some incredibly great players.

The Suhr just needs a rosewood neck to offset the surf green 😁

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
So, I recently bought a Suhr Classic S model (Strat) in Surf Green, white guard, maple neck. I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember.

I have been trying to play it in a band situation since it arrived, and I have come to the harsh reality that, "I'm done as a player." This hurts.

At 64 years old, I have no one to play with. I have been in good bands most of my gigging years, and now feel pathetic when I go to an open mic only to sit and wait 2 hours to play two songs and go home.

My new guitar will never get any playing action and will just sit there, with my 24 other guitars that never get played any more.

I'm sending it back. Ok

I wish I was 64 again! I turned 70 in July and I’m still soldiering on! My 95 year old dad still plays now and then. He saw a picture of our band - we’re all in our late 60s or 70-ish- and said we need a girl in our band cause we look like a bunch of old men. Did I mention he’s 95?

Last edited:

Red Ryder

Tele-Afflicted

I'm sending it back.
Do they actually take back guitars based on the fact that you don't play like you used too? Do they give you full reimbursement or the price of a used guitar?

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
Maybe enjoy other people's music for the other hour and 54 minutes?
I always do. I'm not like so many who fly out the door immediately after I play. And that would be 1 hour and 54 minutes...

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
drwhocryinginrain0.gif

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter

I'm sending it back.
Don't do it, man! You're just entering a new chapter as a musician, and the transition is temporarily rough. I've been told it's not change that hurts, so much as it is resisting change. Do a new thing.

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
It’s really hard for me to come to grips with the reality that I am now a “senior citizen”. What happened? Where did the years go? It seems like only yesterday that I would look in the mirror in the morning and see a young 20-something stud looking back. Then suddenly I looked in the mirror and a guy with wrinkles and gray hair is looking back. I don’t want to be old! Old age sucks. Hanging out with old people sucks. Yes, I feel depressed. I have had many days lately that I feel unwanted, unimportant and unloved. Curses!

Refugee

Tele-Afflicted
If you decide to. Be prepared to pay decent restocking fee. Don't know, but it is typical for brand new guitars that don't have any issues.

Electric Warrior

Tele-Holic
It happens. I just got a fabulous PRS. Took it home and after a few days, the sound and feel isn't right. It is awesome in quality and playability. There is nothing "wrong" with it and everything right.

I'll return it and the $ will be put to the next one. Better than dumping money into it hoping for a feeling that may never come.

Cosmic Cowboy

Tele-Afflicted

I'm sending it back.
Had one for a couple of years. Very nice guitar. Ultimately sold it for exactly what I paid for it after ordering a custom built Delos from Kiesel, which I liked more.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member

I'm sending it back.
I've been blessed for much of my life by the high quality of guys I've played with. But one thing it's made me realize, is that, by contrast, some of them are really lousy players. The past few years, I've struggled to find good players, especially bassists. Late in 2021, I decided to quit wasting time trying to find "the guys", and started working on a solo act.....just me on a Godin Multiac Nylon and vocals. I've only played one gig, but it was well received, and I hope by playing out, other musicians will find ME. I'm enjoying the much lower volume, and not having to haul a lot of gear. I'll be 71 in December, but feel I still have something to contribute to an audience. Plus, playing out helps keep the demons at bay.....it's just in my blood.
BTW......I don't like or do "open mic" things......they just smell of desperation. Apologies to those who do them.
Maybe I'm a new kind of MGTOW?......Musicians Going Their Own Way.

Last edited:

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
If you decide to. Be prepared to pay decent restocking fee. Don't know, but it is typical for brand new guitars that don't have any issues.
It's a used guitar and returns are not an issue. I only have to pay the return shipping cost.
It's a beautiful guitar. But it will never be played.