SEND > JOYO AMERICAN SOUND > RETURN - Will this work?

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by dreamingtele, Nov 14, 2019.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I dont know if this is possible but I'm looking to use my American sound independently from my board..

I used to have my Joyo American sound on my board and go straight in front of the amp, but I took it off to place a different pedal on my board, but I still want to use it independently, and out of the pedal board..

Can I do it like this?

Amplifier:
    Send > American Sound > Return

Guitar > pedal board > Amp input

What will happen? Will this overrun the EQ of the classic30 so that I can use Joyo's EQ settings but still use the amp's pre amp and power amp tubes?

do I still have control over the amp's volume and tone controls? or will the Joyo take over?

I just want to basically have the option to turn the Joyo on when I want to sound Fendery all the way, or off if I just want the Peavey Classic 30 tone..

Please help a noob

Thank you..

2. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

The signal path is usually input --> gain --> tone controls --> FX loop --> power stage so if the AS is used in the loop, the amplifiers tone stack will still be in use.

If you plug the AS output into the amplifiers FX return only, you can use the amplifiers power stage with the AS providing tone and gain, disabling the amplifier pre stages and tone stack.

3. dreamingtele

So nothing will happen?

would it be better if,

Guitar > Pedal board > Joyo American Sound > Return?

4. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

Well, there are some things you can do.

1) Plug the AS directly into the effects loop return to bypass the amp. Do you like this sound? Is it loud enough? The Effects return goes straight into the power amp and you won't have any reverb of control over the amp's volume, but can you get it in a tone that you like at a volume that you want? There is also the question of if the amp allows the amps signal through if you inject the AS output into the effect return.

2) If you can get a sound you like with the AS in the effect return and you can get the original signal with the AS plugged in then you could use an AB pedal to switch between the two sounds.... maybe....

5. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

i can't think of a way you can have both... at least not without an ABY and multiple stomps between tones.

if you bypass the tone and go straight into the power amp (through the return jack)... you're not going to have that classic 30 preamp in the signal path.

likewise, if you keep the classic 30 preamp in the signal path, the joyo is only going to color that signal... not really have a big change.

i do think those pedals are better suited in the effects loop... but effects loop runs are kinda a pain in the ass to deal with.

i vote you keep it up front or just stick with the classic 30 preamp by itself. those are killer sounding amps

6. dreamingtele

thank you.

yeah, i think I’ll just keep the joyo in the bag for emergency back up.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.