1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

semihollow bass project started

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by frakenstrat, Mar 28, 2011.

1. frakenstrat

frakenstrat Tele-Holic

i've had the parts for quite some time now just laying around so i figured i should put them to use. i've never really wanted a fretless but thought it would be cool to have one, so i'm making one from extra parts. i'm using a neck i've had laying around that i pulled the frets on and made a fretless, a bartolini bass pup, a bridge from an old kalamazoo bass i bought just to rape the pickup out of, and lastly some tone pro's studs. all the wood is reclaimed, the centerblock is some old redwood 2x6's i had laying around and i'll cap that with a veneer of 1/8" wood i have. i really don't know how this is going to sound but it should at least be fun. i'll post more pics when i get more work done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bargeon

bargeon TDPRI Member

Semi-hollow with a humbucker at the neck! Tone Heaven.

3. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

This is going to RAWK, chucko!

4. Frankjohnson

Frankjohnson Tele-Meister

It must be cool to know how to do stuff!

5. jrfrond

jrfrond Tele-Holic

I love the idea, and I KNOW it's gonna cook, but I'd scrap the non-adjustable Gibson bridge for something more adjustable, perhaps the Hipshot SuperTone, more for intonation purposes than anything else.

Keep us posted! :cool:

6. psychetelec

psychetelec Tele-Holic

Is it gonna be short-scale? Doesn't look to be enuff of an upper horn to prevent neck-dive for a full-scale.

7. frakenstrat

frakenstrat Tele-Holic

thanks guys! this is really just an experiment with parts i have laying around. the only thing it's costing me now is time. that's why i'm using the non intonatable bridge, cause i have it and can't afford a different one.

i sadly haven't had any time to work on it, hopefully tamale. i'm not really in any rush so i'm just working on it a little at a time.

8. Frankjohnson

Frankjohnson Tele-Meister

If you want a SX version of a fender type bridge - send me your mailing address (I lost it) I will mail you one. Otherwise - I can't wait to hear this thing when you breathe life into it!!!

9. frakenstrat

frakenstrat Tele-Holic

thanks for the offer FJ, i really appreciate it, but i'm limiting myself to what i have on hand. i need to clear stuff out and be done with it. past the experiment it's more of an exercise in completing stuff and not being a complete pack rat.

i forgot to post a pic of the top and back roughed out.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.