1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Selling on Reverb

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gobi_grey, Jan 22, 2021.

1. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Afflicted

It's been a year or two since I've last sold on reverb. Never had any issues getting paid. I sold a couple pedals a few weeks ago. I shipped them when it said payment cleared but I still haven't gotten the money. I contacted reverb and apparently Reverb intercepts paypal payments now? They needed my bank account info, I dont believe I ever had to do that before, the payment was straight through paypal. Anyway, I put my account info in but still haven't seen any money. I sold these 3 weeks ago. This is getting ridiculous.

archtop_fjk and SRHmusic like this.
  2. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I've never heard of a company intercepting PayPal transactions. Is this some new Reverb policy that they want sellers' bank info? Wonder what PayPal would say about this.

3. Oldsmobum

Oldsmobum Tele-Meister

I guess it’s a good thing you didn’t sell them to make rent...

...assuming you didn’t sell them to make rent.

gobi_grey and nojazzhere like this.
  4. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

I always get paid the moment tracking shows the item was accepted by the carrier. Weird.

I wonder if once your PayPal is updated you won't see a delay going forward.

TeleUpNorth likes this.
  5. Suproman

Suproman Tele-Meister

When I sell on Reverb the money doesn't get sent to my bank account until the item is in transit, usually 3-4 days after I've shipped.

6. TeleUpNorth

TeleUpNorth Tele-Meister

Same. As soon as I print the shipping label it pays out, but I sell an item every few months so it’s a bit frequent.

7. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I've had nothing but good experience with respect to getting paid. It does take a while, but it's reliable. I don't use PayPal though. Direct to my bank account. I use credit card for purchases... Why not get the cash back?!

8. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Holic

This is one of the main reasons I quit selling on Reverb. There is NO way I'm going to let them have access to my bank account information. Unfortunately, there are too many instances of bad actors breaching these sites and gaining access to your personal information. In the past I was using Paypal as the buffer between Reverb and my bank. Then Reverb decided they were going to be my bank (and raise their selling fees as well). No thanks!

gobi_grey likes this.
  9. AmpHandle

AmpHandle TDPRI Member

It could be the buyers method of payment. It opens a can of worms how long the money is held and how it was funded. Paypal's competition is extreme, every big tech company wants to take over your transaction fees and rule the world.

gobi_grey likes this.
  10. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

They don't have my account info, they have a cc number. If that's scary you shouldn't have a credit or debit card anyway. Even just using it in person is already an electronic transaction between the point of sale, the credit company, and your bank. For every .com that gets hacked there are more brick and mortars that do aka Target, Best Buy, etc etc etc.

Grant Austin likes this.
  11. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

I sold an item last night, ship this morning, payment has been approved. I’m not using PayPal: checking account

12. puddin

puddin Tele-Afflicted

Not sure, but this might be a good thing. I sold a Gibson les paul on reverb, some how, some way, the buyer was able to go through the back door of pay pal, to send funds. Horrible litigation, twice in two months, back and forth. In the end pay pal took the hit, I got my money, and the scammer got a free guitar.

13. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Afflicted

I dont use PayPal on there, but its historically not super fast from the money getting to them then you......

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.