Seldom Seen Old Pics of Famous Musicians

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
I believe Sandy Denny was the only guest to perform on any Led Zeppelin album. Name that tune!
1641670673762.png

Battle of Evermore.

widefault

Tele-Meister
View attachment 938067

Le Coq Dor Tavern, Yonge St. Toronto. Also home of Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks

1957 Chevrolet "8" Door Airport Limo. Made by Armbrurster Stageway. GM delivered the base vehicles in primer, they were mounted in a rack, torched in half, and then a 3 or 6 foot section was welded in place. On an 8 door, the four doors on the passenger side open, only the first and fourth on the drivers side open. On a 6 door, all of them opened. The one pictured above was a base model 150 Series, which would have had the center chrome strip added. No chrome around the windows, and the Chevrolet badge on the fender is the giveaway that it was a 150.

My dad had an AS-built Bel Air 6 door for ~30 years, which oddly went up to Toronto where that one was! Dad's was owned at one point by a family bluegrass/gospel group out of West Virginia. He was even able to get in touch with the family and retrieve some of the original parts, including a similar roof rack.

Dad's 6 door
vp4h1C4.jpg

saltyseadog

Tele-Holic
Here's another couple of pics. Robert Plant and Sandy Denny I reckon summer 1970 as that is exactly how Robert looked when he gave my buddy and I a lift from London to Newbury. The other one when Robert appeared at the annual Fairport get together a few years back.

Attachments

• Fairport Convention + Robert Plant.jpg
    Fairport Convention + Robert Plant.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Robert Plant + Sandy Denny.jpg
    Robert Plant + Sandy Denny.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 51