Seeing Emerson Lake and Palmer tomorrow night - Well one of them.

Jim622

Friend of Leo's
1668744011468.png

Twang Deluxe

Tele-Afflicted
So…basically…you’re going to see Lake?

;)
No he is going to see Emerson Lake and Palmer minus Emerson and Lake

It's so sad that we lost so many great musicians from the 60s and 70s.

@Jim622: you are very lucky to see one of the most iconic drummers in rock history

Wheelhouse

Tele-Holic
I think Carl's been doing this show for a little while. Seems like he's really honoring his former mates and the legacy of what they did together. And of course accommodating his ego a bit. ;) He knows full well his place in the music field, and we all know he deserves the accolades. ELP was a collaboration of monster talents. RIP Keith & Greg.

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I'm sure the tickets are only a third the cost of the otherr shows making their rounds these days too...

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I saw ELP once and came away feeling like Palmer was/is the best live rock drummer I've ever seen.

What is the name of the group/tour that you are seeing?
I didn't get to see ELP live, sadly, but I did see Carl with Asia on their first tour, and he was pretty amazing then too.

Jim622

Friend of Leo's
I'm sure the tickets are only a third the cost of the otherr shows making their rounds these days too...
Much cheaper than Taylor Swift. The best tickets $75. They for table seat center in front of the stage

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
The closest I ever got to seeing ELP was when Greg Lake was part of Ringo's All Starr Band (along with Sheila E, Ian Hunter, Howard Jones, and Roger Hodgson.) Everyone left the stage for a break except for Lake, Sheila E, and Howard Jones. They played a blistering version of Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2, aka "Welcome Back My Friends to the Show That Never Ends."