Second and third opinions requested from the mighty TDPRI - what color faceplate on an amp build?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Chud, Jun 3, 2021.

Which color faceplate?

1. White

36 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Gold

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Black

14 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

I feel like I’m revving up a hot rod engine just looking at every new pic the builder is sending for design decisions. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

9362AB8C-E289-47AC-B961-E669A03025E8.jpeg

Silver braided piping around the perimeter of the baffle, chrome chicken head knobs instead of white, and chrome corners really bring in the chrome appointments of the Shelby.

1EAA4A3F-9381-4CD6-ADA2-C5943FBA78FC.jpeg

Vroom vroom!! :cool:

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  2. Chud

UPS is picking it up from the builder tomorrow and it’s heading west to Seattle for the custom switching system install. Just got the final build pic from Doug at Jet City before he packed it up.

4915E432-E226-4726-875A-9D6C602DC379.jpeg

Love the change to chrome chickenheads, and the addition of silver braided piping around the baffle.

Three button midi switch will 1) switch between clean and crunch voicings on the Captain Crunch channel, 2) switch between Captain Crunch and Silver Hammer channels, and 3) turn the FX loop on/off.

Schwing!!!

3. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

If silver was an option, I'd have to decide between that and the white ... but for sure a no-go on the black or gold for me!

4. Chud

I have an engraving laser so I’ll probably play around with my own faceplate design, but the black works for me to tie in the last piece of the homage to the white/blue ‘68 Shelby Mustang. Chrome wheels, headlight surrounds, bumpers, etc all get there with the chrome chickenheads and silver piping. The rubber meets the road with the black faceplate, and the rest is a pretty 1:1, no metaphors required homage.

Old Plank likes this.
  5. Old Plank

Old Plank Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Ah yes 10-4 on the black tie-in to the Shelby/tires! Side note, if you're ever up Newport RI way, you'll want to visit this place, with a huge room full of Shelbys among lots of other beauties, great place ... and take your amp to show the staff!

https://newportcarmuseum.org/

Chud likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.