Searching for TDPRI members…

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LGOberean, Jan 20, 2020.

1. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

This is a question for the administrator or moderators or whoever is savvy on the subject…

Is there a shortcut/search feature for finding a particular TDPRI member? Several times I’ve wanted to look up the profile of a fellow member here. There is no “Members” option on the task bar at the top of the home page or forums page.

I did find the “Members Online Now” listing in the right column of the main page, but clicking on that just showed me the “Current Visitors” on TDPRI. So unless the person I’m looking for is on at the time I’m searching, it looks like I’m out of luck.

Surely there is a way in which members here can search for the public profile information that other members have shared. But if there is, I haven’t found it. Can somebody help me out here?

Oh, and I assure you, I have no evil intentions at heart in searching for others here. What prompted this was thinking about fellow member @Papa Joe , wondering about his age. For some people, queries about their age is intrusive, but TDPRI allows for our posting our age/birthday or not, and since Papa Joe has chosen to indicate his age in his profile information, I don't consider my curiosity about that untoward or intrusive.

Far from being a search for nefarious purposes, Papa Joe is something of an inspiration to me. I'm 66 and a diabetic and survivor of a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. I deal with neuropathy in my feet and hands. The former means I can no longer play gigs standing up. The latter affects the length of time I can play/number of songs I can string together in a medley before my fingers go numb and I have to get some blood back in my digits. (Stage banter has become something of a necessity for me.)

So, can anyone enlighten me as to how to do a quick search for a specific TDPRI member's profile information? And Papa Joe, if you're reading this, just how old are ya, sir?

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

3. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

You can put a member’s name in the “posted by” box in the subject search box, and then click on the name or the avatar. Bit roundabout.

nojazzhere likes this.
  4. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Holic

https://www.tdpri.com/members/

On the right edge of the page there is a "Find Member" function. Start typing their username and you will get a dropdown full of suggestions.

fendrguitplayr and WingedWords like this.
  5. LGOberean

This would work if the member I'm looking for happens to be on TDPRI at the time I'm searching, but otherwise it doesn't solve the problem. For example, Papa Joe wasn't on when I was searching for his profile.

6. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

@LGOberean -
    Papa Joe
    Friend of Leo's, Male, 90, from Swanton Ohio

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  7. LGOberean

Well, it may be a bit roundabout, but it works. Thanks.

Okay, I somehow missed that "Find Member" function in the right column of the Members page. Thanks.

Mexitele Blues likes this.
  8. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

They don't have to be online, I don't think (also, according to his profile, he's 90):

Papa Joe
    Friend of Leo's
    Male, 90, from Swanton Ohio
    Profile Page Trading Profile Start a Conversation Follow Ignore
    Jun 29, 2007

Papa Joe was last seen:

Engaged in conversation, 7 minutes ago

9. LGOberean

Yeah, I'm the one Papa Joe has been engaging in conversation. It was nice to correspond with him. I woke up dealing with pain in my right wrist this morning, and it just made me wonder how much longer I could play guitar, let alone gig. And then I thought of Papa Joe. Like I said, an inspiration to me. And his comments in conversation have indeed encouraged me that it is possible to have gig and play well past your late 60s.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.