1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Seagull owners club?

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by brgminicooper, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Gary 787

Gary 787 NEW MEMBER!

Seagull Spoken Here

I noticed at the The Acoustic Guitar Community they have a Seagull group as well. I have a new Natural Elements Heart of Wild Cherry dread on order. I heard they were starting to build them in April. Anyone else heard anything?

2. turtleguy12

turtleguy12 NEW MEMBER!

I just bought mine this weekend. I went with the CW Folk Wild Cherry back and sides. I wanted maple but have not found someone with it yet. I had to order it. My local shop is no longer a Seagull dealer and Guitar Center does not have them yet.

They are a Limited Edition. I have a 2002 S6 and a 2011 Parlor.

3. Veebus52

Veebus52 Tele-Meister

I'm a huge Seagull/Godin fan. I think that they are one of the best buys around. Here's my Performer CW Folk in flame maple.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]{/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

4. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

Nice story - this may help:
    http://www.guitardating.com/godin.php

let us know how it works out? I sent an email question to Customer Service, and they were very helpful and prompt as well. das Glück

5. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Tele-Meister

Veebus52 - that is one pretty guitar!

6. thorton077

thorton077 Tele-Afflicted

I'm in with an S6 original. I love it, it's a GREAT guitar.

7. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Holic

In with an S6 and a Studio Artist. BAM!

8. Gary 787

Gary 787 NEW MEMBER!

Seagull Natural Elements

Hi I got a Natural Elements Cedar Top, Wild Cherry full dread. WOW! I am impressed so far... Nice Guitar and very much like the original S6 in tone. Beautifully balanced and aesthetically very nice. I love the raw look and the open tuners are kind of cool. I was a little concerned about the B-Band system but it is fine. I also got a Maritime SWS HG. Total eye candy and Holy crumoley I would put it up against anything in the 1k to 2k price range. I am pleased with both of these guitars and they are different enough that both are sharing my time. I suppose I could have gone to a more prestigious manufacturer but Seagull has won me over completely and being Canadian made is no brainer. Both were purchased on line from ACEMATE in Vancouver and I cant say enough about the service. I got a little concerned, actually a lot concerned when i was stopping in at my local dealer and the same guitars were still there with the same rusty strings and finger prints.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  9. firemedic

firemedic Tele-Meister

Seagulls! I love mine. I tried every single acoustic guitar in the Tampa Bay area that was <$800 (not exaggerating) and none came close to the cedar top acoustic/electric, I forget the model. So I have that & a cedar top 12-string. They are the best guitars for the price I ever tried.

The cedar tops make them sound a little dark so I replaced the nuts, pegs & bridges with Tusq; even better.

10. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Oh Yeah! I love my S6 original. I've said it before, mine has seen more miles than most cars, and it never fails me! I pulled it out tonight after a couple months in it's case, and it was in perfect tune. I've had the Big Names, and while they're great guitars, they don't beat the tone and feel of a Seagull:D:D:D

11. Dan30

Dan30 NEW MEMBER!

I have a 2007 seagull coastline grand parlor. It's just a beauty! Sounds great with all stock parts. (except for the strings of course) any suggestions for upgrades to make this beast sound better?

12. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Try better sounding strings? A friend of mine swears by Martin brand strings.. I will be trying those next, myself.

13. Dan30

Dan30 NEW MEMBER!

Yeah that i will be trying next time. Gonna buy martin lifespan sp next with a free wallet! :)

14. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Wow! A free wallet? Cool! By the way, Welcome to TDPRI.

15. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

I just joined the club. I started taking flat picking lessons and the teachers Guild made me realize that my no name sound like junk. I wandered onto a Seagull Maritime SWS SG on sale and feel victim to its sound. Doesn't make me any better, but in the right hands it sounds beautiful.

16. leonitus

leonitus NEW MEMBER!

Hi everyone,
    The Natural Elements Cherry (dreadnaught with cedar top) looks really good, but what are the differences from the S6 in build/quality/structure/shape/sound?

17. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Coastline S12 Cedar

18. MT Tele

MT Tele Tele-Meister

S6 pickguard

I replaced the tortie with a black PG from StewMac. Just used a hair dries, and patience. Slow and steady is the key, let the heat do the work. The replacement PG had an adhesive back, went right on. Looks much better!

19. MT Tele

MT Tele Tele-Meister

Strings

I really like the Phos Bronze SP and Lifespan.

20. MT Tele

MT Tele Tele-Meister

Original S6 acoustic/elec. Cedar/cherry. After lowering the saddle and adding Tusq Pins the thing plays and sounds great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.