seafoam green

noaa

TDPRI Member
I am planning to paint a guitar seafoam green and i cant find a place where i can buy it , this color was from a buick 1957 fender painted some of their guitar , i know reranch has this item , but they do not ship to canada and many others either , i contacted other stores here in canada , that furnish material to garages but they cant do it because the computer does not give the information, can someone here on the forum help me in solving my problem .

Many thanks in advance

robert

Ripradiant

Tele-Afflicted
Depending how particular you are Canadian Tire or the usual auto parts shops have a good array of colours and you might be able to get pretty close. I painted an old Mustang using auto spray paint -a few thin coats and it looked pretty good for under $10!

noaa

TDPRI Member
Is there a big difference between canadain tire spray can paint and the paint garage uses.

There must be a way in finding the color code and get it made ,i have the color code for a buick 1957 seafoam green the code is 4148l made by dupond gm wa2736 , i can easily buy it a home depot code bar is 69711113208 but i do not think is a good idea to paint a guitar with a big box store paint

what is your opinion

dsutton24

Doctor of Teleocity
I've painted a lot of guitars with auto store spray paint, and it is fine. I can't imagine why Canadian Tire spray paint could be that bad.

Ripradiant

Tele-Afflicted
I don't see why not. Paint is paint. Pigment and solvent + plus extras. Reranch et al get there paint from somewhere just like everyone else and it might just be the same vat the big boxes buy from!