SD Triple Shot

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by ramonet, Jul 28, 2021.

1. ramonet

ramonet Tele-Meister

In my next build I'm planning to use the SD Triple Shot humbucker rings; anyone of you have used them? they must be used with SD pickups or any 4 wires pup will be good (taking care of every brand own colour code)?

2. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

I have a couple sets I use with Duncan P-Rails. They can be used with any 4 wire pickups though. Being able to choose series vs parallel wiring without push/pulls is nice

3. ramonet

ramonet Tele-Meister

Thanks, I'm planing switch single / hb with one switch and series / parallel with the other. I think it's what they did, isn't it?

4. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Afflicted

If you know what you're doing you can likely do anything you want with them.

I followed the diagram as made for the P-Rails and I can choose series, parallel and then tap for for either coil. So 4 different sounds in each pickup. For the P-Rails each coil is a different design so you do get 4 completely different sounds. I'm not sure how effective it would be on a Standard style HB.

The way I have it both switches work together but I really don't know the specifics.

Here's an example.

Both switches slid to the left has only the left coil on, both to the right has only the right coil on.

Both switches toward center is parallel HB and both to the outside is series HB.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  5. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

For a standard 4 wire HB, the series/parallel would be good to have.
    Switching to either coil wouldn't be much different from each other unless the coils weren't balanced, but this allows in phase/out of phase choices when picking coils to pair with from the other pickup in the middle switch position.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.