SD 59 in the neck

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by scotheath, Jun 12, 2017.

1. scotheath

scotheath TDPRI Member

finally got my pick guard that I ordered off ebay, 3 ply, shipped from china, 11 bucks all in, took 5 days. slammed it into my 50 classic vibe all together and after reading all the posts on how I would need to change the 250 volume pot to a 500 and add a resistor and all that, sounded pretty good, I did add a .047 uf cap in line from pickup to switch but that's it, sounds great. bridge now sounds weak compared to it, understandable though. I set the neck low to get volume balanced between the 2. Practice tonight, see how it sounds at band volume.

adamajah likes this.
  2. blille

blille Tele-Afflicted

Spoiler: it's gonna sound awesome.

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, I find the '59 or the SD Seth has to be lowered a good bit, because the stock single coil "T" back pickup is voiced to match with a much weaker pickup.

Not really good at describing the "science" on this, but the neck pickup is in a close to ideal "node" and tends to produce a much louder sound than would the same pickup in the less advantaged back (bridge) pickup. And thus the bridge gets raised probably higher than it would be, if optimal clarity and sweetness of tone was the sole criteria.

One idea I need to explore is, running the neck HB through the tone control and bypassing the tone control altogether for the single coil bridge pickup.

This is an Indonesian Squier Fat Tele (Cortek) with a completely reworked bridge - all new reference points there, except the ferrules on the back.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.