scumback speakers praise (scumnico, M75)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by vanguard, Jan 28, 2011.

1. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

dropped some new scumback 12's in my 1967 blackface twin reverb a few weeks ago. i decided on one Scumnico (vox bulldog clone) and an M75 (greenback clone) both in 100w iterations. i ordered them fully broken-in (why don't more vendors offer this?) and they sound sweet right out the box. nice full mids on both speakers. the scum has great, dark-ish alnico chime and jangle which perfectly compliments the bright, scooped twin. the M75 has warm, chimey attack and tight lows that adds presence to the scum. they're a bit pricey, but boy are they worth the price of admission. highly recommended.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. detuned

detuned Tele-Holic

I've got an H55 in an open back 1X12 that sounds absolutely killer, & really not that pricey when you compare...

Plus, Jim's a peach to deal with & really knows his stuff. Lastly, all american made by Weber, as opposed to imported from China (not that there's anything wrong with that, but I prefer my product domestic.) - what's not to love?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.