1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Sculpted/curved heel

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by TX_Slinger, Mar 2, 2021.

1. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

Why don't we see more retail bodies and home builds with this simple enhancement? No one using the board west of the 17th meridian?

20201017_145204.jpg

2. Rufus

Rufus Tele-Afflicted

I have done it on the 5 or 6 Strat and Tele partscasters I have assembled, over the years.
    The first one I had was professionally done to the body by either Warmoth or USA Custom Guitars...after that, I shaved down the back of the body heel myself.

It was not difficult to do to the unpainted bodies, myself. Just know how much you're taking off and use shorter neck screws, so they don't protrude thru the fingerboard.
    Its has a much less "bulky" feel

davidchagrin likes this.
  3. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

I guess I've just gotten used to playing up there with the heel the way it is. It's not an issue for me.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  4. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

Even better is to put an angle into that plate shown in the picture above so the whole section is narrowed down.

5. TX_Slinger

TX_Slinger Tele-Meister

i wasnt that adventurous on my first one but the heel on the Schecter PT Special is what I'll be aiming for on my next one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.